Italian FTA TivuSat Problem

RDBORG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Meter Dish 3 LNBs Dreambox DM500HD x3
My Location
MALTA
I have today been trying to view FTA channels on 13.0 Satellite. I have been seeing adverts that i need to buy a decorder called TivuSat to be able to view these FTA channels. Is there any way to make this work trough dreambox instead of having to buy a new decoder?

Thnaks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
On the occasions that the Rai (and a few other) Channels encrypt for eg Formula 1 & other Premium programming, then you do indeed need to find a way to decrypt. The "proper" way is to use a Tivusat Card/CAM.

But fortunately most of the time the Channels are unencrypted, so I suspect you might have accessed them at an unfortunate moment.

That said, I recall there was a suggestion that when Tivusat decoder population attained a certain level (It was launched a couple of years ago), that FTA might stop. That hasn't yet been substantiated, but I shall go check those Channels for myself right now.

Don't wait up ...........

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nope. All is well.

FTA with no overlay.

RDBORG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Meter Dish 3 LNBs Dreambox DM500HD x3
My Location
MALTA
Seems to be ok now.. a few minutes ago it was constant advertising of tivusat and some other others on CANALE 5 now seems to be fine.. so would there be a way to decode these tivusat FTA or woudl we need to buy a subscription / original car that work with dreambox?

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
It's available on keys but I think you can get a dreambox to read a subscription card with a bit of messing about.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can get a TIVUSat card and cam for about £100 if you know someone in Italy.

No messing about needed either - the cards work fine in a linux box using SCAM 3.57 - the cards initialise and update quite happily in my 7020 in one of the slots. The cam is put away safe for possible future use if the softcams stop working.

Once its initialised then CCCAM will read it, but wont update the entitlements.