Italian telly in the UK

Miriamm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
Hello everyone,

I am a newby and don't have a clue on anything with plugs or batteries....however I would be grateful if you could give me some advice, for beginners, on how to go on about setting up a system to watch Italian telly in the UK.

My knowledge goes as far as receiver + dish, but on this forum I read about decoder, DBA, digital, analogue, not mentioning the endless names of brands!

On researching the net I found through a website The FORTEC 5000 CI Receiver but his comes at a hefty £299.00 not installed!!!
Then searching again I see that receivers are not that expensive so what I am wondering is if it's worth buying the parts separately and then having them fitted by a local installer.

So what I need help with is: what is the best system to receive Italian telly? Should I buy separately? What do I need in order to receive them? What should I expect to pay?

Thank you very much in advance

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres a hundred or so free channels broadcasting off the Hotbird cluster at 13E. Some of them are very cheap and nasty, but you get all the RAI channels thrown in. Any cheap digital receiver married to an 80cm dish will give you all these channels.

If you want the Sky Italia pay channels you need a SI digibox and a subscription from an Italian address

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
:-Welcome1

If you stay near a Lidl you could consider this free-to-air receiver package - on sale Thursday...

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=46836&highlight=lidl

For £59.99 it's an introduction and should get you the RAI channels off Hotbird - you may need the bigger dish - also on sale.

Miriamm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
thanks for the replies. I would like to get the Rai channels plus Canale 5, Italia 1, Rete 4.
Are you basically saying that I only need a receiver and dish?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Miriamm said:
thanks for the replies. I would like to get the Rai channels plus Canale 5, Italia 1, Rete 4.
Are you basically saying that I only need a receiver and dish?

Yes, although the main 3 RAI channels encrypt when theres sport or movies on, and so do Mediaset. If you can live with occasional black screens any digital receiver will do you.

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
The RAI CHANNELS sono:

FQ:10992 & 11766
PO:vertical
SL:27500
2/3

Mediaset channels including: Italia1, rette 4 & canale 5 i detali sono:

vertical
2/3

These are the frequences and the necessites of setting up a channel. Se avrai problemi con le date mi puoi riferire.

rb_minassian@yahoo.com

Arbi.

Miriamm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
ok guys thanks for the info, I am coming around to it slowly...however it does add a few more questions:

I did not know that the films for example are encrypted, and I feel that I will end up wanting to watch a few of them sooner or later. With this in mind what would be my best bet for a receiver/dish?
What do I do to avoid this encryption? Does it mean that I need a receiver with a "card" or a decoder? Or both?

Arbi:

grazie per le frequenze dei canali pero queste informazioni per me e' a livello un po troppo avanzato. Lasciero quello per la persona che fara l'installazione!! Mi puoi consigliare un prodotto per pa recezione e parabola, in particolare?

Grazie Miriam

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I think you need a Sky Italia card & digibox for the encrypted programming. No idea if they have the equvalent of the uk ftv card in Italy