It's a jungle out there....

B

baklap

My Satellite Setup
Very fresh thus n00b owner of a 7000s :)
My Location
Netherlands
Hi all a post from the n00b side of the force. I've been reading up last few days on everything related to my newly aquired DB 7000s.

I understand everything, was able to get up to par with the latest image from Dreambox so flashing works (although i do not usualy flash in public).

What i can not seem to find (and please correct me if i'm wrong) is a thread, page, info wahtever thingie that explains the difference in types of images. There are so many out there and i'm having a hard time deciding which i'm gonna "test".

Anybody out there that is able to provide me with a link or information place on images?

thx in advance from the n00b (soon to be non n00b hopefully)

Thx Menno
The Netherlands.

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:-welcome buddy.

Image choice is hard. Start with Gemini 22 or SDT DaVinci 5 and go from there. They are really the yardsticks ATM.

Welcome to the dark side... :D

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Also, I should say INVEST IN A USB STICK and Flashwizard 5. It's the dogs, and you'll find it much harder to roger your 7000.

;)

B

baklap

My Satellite Setup
Very fresh thus n00b owner of a 7000s :)
My Location
Netherlands
BGonaSTICK said:
Also, I should say INVEST IN A USB STICK and Flashwizard 5. It's the dogs, and you'll find it much harder to roger your 7000.

;)
cool that's a tip i can use. I allready swapped in a HDD just for the fun of it. I'm amazed about what is possible with this thing. It's just a hobby but it seems addiction is lurking :)

Again thank you Master BgonaSTICK i sense a strong dreamforce in you.

[insert a shadow as residu of Baklap racing the internet to get Gemini]

[edit] thx for the :-welcome it's apreciated :)

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, I used to have a crack cocaine habit, but then I became addicted to Dreambox!!!

Say goodbye to any spare cash, time, freinds, relationships, or sleep.

:-mamster
bunny2%5B1%5D.gif
bunny2%5B1%5D.gif
bunny2%5B1%5D.gif
:-mamster