Its not satellite

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 27-Jul-02 AT 11:55 AM (GMT)]But - Im sure most of the readers here have access to the materials required, monitor, wire, foil, balsa wood or plastic, and the couple of hours required

Shahid can bring the rubber gloves

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/lifters.htm

Check through all the relevant pages and be careful of shocks, frightening the cat, and knocking things off the mantle piece

Would like to see results posted here next week (Ill show you mine)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Like it CH, don't know whether I've got the patience to do it, but it does seem interesting.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Turns out, from looking at a few links pages, the most efficient and manoeuvrable shape of this type of propulsion is

A saucer !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Now there's a surprise ;)

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Now this is truly fascinating
Thanks for the link CH

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Just to show its not all hot air

http://www.janes.com/aerospace/civil/news/jdw/jdw020729_1_n.shtml

There are some realy serious articles coming out from all airforce and commercial airline groups at present

If Janes can publish a non tongue in cheek article at the Farnborough Air Show then its got to have some credibility

Id really like to put some piccys on the site if nobody objects

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not at all CH, its a very interesting project.

rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The Jane's article (reporting "anti/artificial gravity" work by the Russian Podkletnov)is a different kettle of fish. That was reported in New Scientist as far back as September 1996 and is highly controversial (and so far still unreproduced).

The 'lifters' project (earlier link) is not based on the same principles and does not claim to be modifying gravity (and IS reproducible).

All fascinating stuff though.

2old

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Aug-02 AT 11:57 AM (GMT)]I was not inferring that the two methods were the same or even similar, simply that a number of professional operations were now allocating budgets to the whole alternative propulsion systems that have been reported as early as the 1900s

The other nice principle appears to be the turbine dreamed up by Tesla years ago, which is now becoming a serious contender to reducing pollution through higher efficiency of fule/energy conversion

Podklednovs principles of gravity reduction are unfortunately confined to large funded projects unless somebody reading this has easy access to low cost superconductor material and a decent freezer.

I doubt there will be one project that changes the way humans travel inthe next thirty or so years, more likely a combination of many of them, with a reduction in fossil fuel use being the key selling point

Pictures soon as promised (cant get to download the camera to the PC since I set up the USB port for ADSL)