ITV 1 Playing Up?

digitalwolf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ (45cm Minidish)
80cm Dish (Panasonic DSB 40/Pace MSS 100) 13e/19.2e/28.2e and other's ( Still On The Look Out!)
Freeview,
A decent PC!
My Location
UK
Hi All, over the past week,only usually when corrie is on, I get No Sat Signal or break up, but not normal break up like low signal would cause, on my sky+ box. I check the signal strength/quality and they are both sitting on 90/90. I know the reading is not for ITV1 transponder, but I wondered if anybody else was getting the fault.

I have been up to the dish,and the lnb looks fine (only 2 months old) and the f connectors are dry.

Anybody been having problems? ( All the other channels are fine)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
First thing to check is the frequency of the ITV channel you are watching, you can do that at www.lyngsat.com. Then go into Services/System Setup/0,1,Select/Manual tuning and type in the information for that channel. Look at what the signal is like during normal times and then check it when the problem arises. It is possibly an outside influence like a radar detector on a car, or a DECT phone.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Does this happen on Euronews (ch528 I think) too?

If it is not interference then it could be a low band switching problem, with the LNB either not switching into the low band properly because it is faulty, or the receiver is not telling it to.

I know some of the BBC and other things are in the same band, but for some reason Euronews and some ITV1 regions seem particularly affected by this.

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
digitalwolf said:
Hi All, over the past week,only usually when corrie is on, I get No Sat Signal or break up,
Are you boasting or complaining? what I would give for no corrie :) :)