ITV and ECMs

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Doesn`t anyone think its strange that ITV have started Killing cards nearly as soon as they appear.Over last weekend i seen on here Kevlar
1.65,1.66,1.67, all go in two days,Keylog 1.62 went,Omega 170,180,also
went.Do you think they have employed some1 with a Pc (IF BUDGET STRETCHES TO LOOK THROUGH FORUMS) get latest files ,read em, design new ECM off files and bang off we go again. Its just a thought.
Doesn`t any1 think its about time to hide our dirty washing, IE:
When a new files out instead of publishing it PM whoever asked for it
as long as the requester is kosher.and we`ll c how quick they go down then. DAVE.
(ps also save this site gettin greef)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sure that ITV Digital already have moles in every forum and news group Dave. I don't even think that they need to look on forums like this (where only site links are allowed), as they probably have sources much closer to the original file producers. You can certainly guarantee that they are registered on every code and file auto-responder in current use, so it's no real surprise that they are latching on to the new files quickly.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
It just seemed strange how it nearly always took em over a month to get a prog now its minutes as with kev 167 & omega 180.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but I would guess that in the early days they were still trying to work out the basics of how to disable the files, most of the more recent updates have been tweaks only, so they are now simply having to tweak the counter measures.

Rolf

J

jobdone

I totally agree m8 but I'm sure they can get hold of hex's and programmed golds as easy as u or I?

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
My point if theres a few hundred enquirys about lets say kev 168,
if i was doing the job for ITV didg my priority would b that first
so isnt it better to keep it quiet IE: Help my card been ECMed again
got kev167 any1 know link to kev 168,The guys at ITV must b laughting.
Where as Been ECMed useing Kev 167 any new links (pm new links)

B

bazzer

How would you ever know the person you are sending the file to are not a mole?
Maybe there are hexes out there that only a few people know about for exacly your reason.
How would you convince them you were not a snoop?

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
THATS right, i`m on a few boards where its INVITE only to the LINKS threds and only way to get a invite is 2 know a moderator or post over a certain timespan,U cannot tell me that you dont have certain mates,whom have shared files with u who for all purposes r KOSHER.
POST to them only.Or do as i do never pass on the keys i`m useing.
(i might b paranoid but i manage to watch TV every day.)

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
don`t you think its good news if they constantly tweak the files? It kills off the people who stand on car boot sales selling 50 cards a week, that in turn reduces the number of illegal users which means the provider is less likely to upgrade to a more secure system (or at least might not do it so quick!)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
You honestly think upgradeing to SECCA11 will increase subscriptions,
I see the opposite effect.Either (a)S** subscriptions will increase
(better service) or (:cool: just use box for free to air digi. and as far as the c*nts selling gold cards i would inform the bill on em.
Mr sporty wrote Kev does he charge,Phill cracked the hummie (did he)
any of my freinds/ neighbours need a card or proggin (they bring it 2 me and its free.

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Forgot to mention Option (3)which will b the path I intend to tred.
NTL my BT line/slowline is fargin me off so much was gonna get NTL Broadband.£39.99 A month including minimun package.Box Chipped £50
and as much surfing as i will ever need.

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
I think you`re right Mr Burnt Chips, upgrading will not do them any favours but they won`t keep a service running just because 20% of watchers have pirate cards and 10% of the 20% have subscriptions. They have to upgrade though to give themselves a chance. (don`t they?)
What I`m getting at is its better for people who do this out of curiosity using their own kit who perhaps don`t even hardly watch any digi TV but might do a card for a mate FOC if the codes are regularly altered.

B

bazzer

And the scumbags will still sell acrds and a carboot, its common knowlege that you can these cards so people will buy them and they could be blank for all they know.

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
There is a writeup on the Shack, about said thing .A dude was sellin
goldies AT Bowlers Comp fair near me,He tried sellin 1 to the 5 0 .
he was arrested and Got 4MONTHS, Now the lads on the shack thought this was a bit steep for only 7 cards, (all kev 165) My personal opinion is he was lucky and mr sporty should sue his arse for copyright fraud. Fargin MAGGOT.

D

dossdes

Personally I can't see the point in buying a dodgy card anyway unless you've got a programmer as they are constantly getting ecm'd. i've had to repro my card 3 times in the last month, noone is going to pay 50 big ones each time to get a card done, it's cheaper to subscribe!

TB

Reaction score
Yeah with all the ecm's going out, you'd be crazy 2 buy a card!! I hate people who sell cards, ahhhh. However when the $ky hack comes along, I'll gladley go to a car boot sale and give them away!!