Not open for further replies.

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to receive itv-bbc (UK) channels in Turkey via my sky box, they show up on the listing but message say's the signal's unavailable.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You need a big dish for those channels. Something around 3.5m should do nicely :D

tvrdoglavi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox
My Location
Zagreb, Croatia
richardp said:
Hi.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to receive itv-bbc (UK) channels in Turkey via my sky box, they show up on the listing but message say's the signal's unavailable.

I've been searching like mad today, tryin to find a solution to the same problem! We have Sky box in our rugby club, SKy Sports and some other programs are great, but no picture for ITV nor BBC (signal unavailable). Now, I didn't put up the system so I don't know what size is the dish, but looking at some maps of satellite coverage, Croatia seems pretty well covered.

Any suggestions from experienced members how big dish do we need, is it only about the size of the dish? We will buy as big as neccessary as we must see Rugby World Cup!

How come we get perfect Sky Sports but no0 ITV or some other programs? Do we have to pimp our satellite dish? Also, is it possible to get ITV and BBC without Sky box?

Pardon my ignorance, but I am new to this, just want to watch it live. I am quick to learn if anybody would explain properly.

Please help Croatian rugby grow by learning from the best!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dont know any exact details for Croatia - theres bugger all reception been reported for 2delta, apart from this one:

From astra 2d.com

Island of Krk north Adriatic
RECEIVER: Samsung 9500
DISH: ChannelMaster 1.8m dish
LNB: Samsung 0.6dB
Posted 18-03-04
Finally success! After tweaking the dish position I have managed to get a signal on vertical transponders on Astra 2D. 10.875GHz appears to be the strongest with quality well above 30% but it is very unstable will try again with more sensitive LNB and report back.

Something around 2-2.5m should do you, possibly quite a bit bigger if you want the 2d horizontal tp's

Please note - this is guesswork based on published info. You either need local info or an installer who will bring a variety of big dishes to experiment with - maybe over a period of a few days.

robjackson67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vista laptop, sky box 3.5 dish, broadband
My Location
bodrum
I live in Bodrum and was using a dish i bought in Kos for some time, however some of the channels do not work properly.
The misses wanted to watch Britain's got talent so we've started watching ITV & BBC through the internet. You need something called a VPN to do this, we use

_http://www.laptoptelly.com/

does the trick, theres a few out there by the looks of it.

[warning]Live link disabled iaw Forum Rules[/warning]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The Post you have replied to is from 5 years ago .......................

Status
Not open for further replies.