ITV Digital altering encryption system

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Heard a rumour from a friend who says he got it from a good source that itv digital are rumoured to be changing the encryption system in some way in february. anyone heard anything different? or is this just another one of those unfounded rumours like the videoguard system being hacked,chipped and cams existing for it..... etc

C

CodeComplete

Some of the satellite companies are switching from seca to seca2 - they are issuing new cards at the moment. This may be the source of the ITV rumour.
If ITV were to do such a thing in February would they not be issuing new cards ? Would they not have announced it to the press to show that they are combating piracy and appease shareholders etc etc ?
I may of course be wrong but each time this rumour comes up it is a friend of a friend or the bloke in Dixons flogging Sky systems - no one has yet linked to a reliable source.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Thanx for the reply.
I suspect it is as you say they are probably going to move over to seca2 at some point. This rumour i have heard for a few months now but the date was always for round about febuary when it would be activated. What is the state of play as regards seca2 being compromised? is this going to be like irdetoII?
I thought they were all moving onto super encryption hence the extra key inputs in the hex files that have been around unused for atleast 6 months now, is this the same thing? sure 2old mentioned few months back that the hobbiests were already super encryption ready!

C

CodeComplete

Last thing I read about the new issue satelite cards was that people were having trouble reading them and that weren't working in the non-offical CAMs.