ITV F1 coverage

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Does anyone like it other than me? If you talk to anyone on other boards, people seem to detest to almost galatic propotions O-Ha!

I'm not saying isn't there is ALOT of room for improvement, ie the new look presentation isn't what one would call 'professional'. The title song, 'Lift Me Up' by Moby, is a good choice, but I wanna see a presentation style on par with the Champions League on-screen graphics.

However, many criticise James Allen, but whenever I watch, he has more passion than Martin Brundle, and is just as knowledgable.

Also, the grid walk should be alot longer than it is a present with Martin, about a poultry 10 minutes. I'm sure I've seen RTL go walkabout at least 30 mins before the warm up lap.

I would also alot more detailed build-up from the weekend, ie video of press conferences, and less of the pointless features on how the cars work.

PS. yes, yes, they do have ads, unlike in the BBC days, and I do remember the San Marino GP last season, but its still better than BBC used to do it, and apparently introducing split screen during ads this season.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Just out of curiosity, what's RTL's coverage like???
This is my first F1 season with satellite.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Glad to hear! There's so many people saying the BBC should get it back, but I can only see that of being any improvement if they used the same interactive system they've so successfully used for the Olympics.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
the_happy_traveller said:

Towards the beginning of the race when ITV go to adverts switch to RTL and you miss nothing but as the race goes on they tend to synchronise the adverts

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Eurosport had it a long time ago and they did great coverage.

ITV are good but the sport has changed and will remain in turmoil for a couple of seasons more IMHO.

See the time when I wouldn't miss a race - now watch them if I get a chance.

Hopefully this season will be close!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
the_happy_traveller said:

From what I remember, from last season, they we're alot more thorough than ITV, broadcast EVERY qualifying session and race (as well as Sunday morning practice), regardless of time differences, and, even though I couldn't understand a word, Niki Lauda (God must have blessed him to survive that accident!) seemed to be a great pundit.

Also, Friday and Saturday practice is live on another German channel, DSF or NTV or something.

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Thanks Topper.
Nice tip.
That was my one beef about itv, the ads.
Now at least I can miss some of them.

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Cheers Salty.
Looks like I'm gonna get a proper fix of F1 this season then.

Mind you, still miss Murray!!!!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Murray had his time, although it would be nice if they let him do a special 'The Season So Far...' type programme on the weekends where theres no race. His problem was that he was getting too old to cope with the fast pace of races and the data for the race computers. Murray still has great insight into the world of F1... he remembers Fangio!

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
i thought murray walker with james hunt were brilliant they kept you watching then even if the race was wasn't good, and the best finish i ever saw was mansell chasing down senna at monaco in 92(i think) just losing out to the brazilian