ITV in Gothenburg ?

G

gcohen

Originally posted by Old Satellite
No the PLL LNB would require both a feedhorn and the magnetic/ mechanical poloriser. and a reciever to control it.

A PLL LNB is very much a professional lnb and has such it is not like a normal universal lnb, they can be fitted to normal offset dishes however with only the requirements as identified above - there are still many suppliers of feedhorns and polorisers that work very well with PLL LNB's.

Even with a 0.4 db PLL lnb and Poloriser I still believe that this would not provide the extra required signal strength.

regards

Old Satellite
Can you please give some more information regarding PLL LNBs - like manufacurers and suppliers. Also, what are the best noise figures available from these items. When the BBC goes FTA this info will be very relevant.

Geoff

bodge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Maxi 1
Hello Bodge,

I would appreciate your help if you could please when possible keep us informed of the signal quality and times.

Also what happens when you lengthen the cable.

I suppose then that you may agree that I should be able to get Astra 2D in the Hisings Kärra area with a 1.8m dish ?

Thanks,

Maxi 1

I'll keep you posted. I now have the box connected temporarily to a 10 metre cable and no obvious change. All channels are watchable 24/7 although there are the odd flimmers on BBC after 900pm. I hopefully can get rid of that with some fine tuning so i would say that 1.8 is sufficient. The next few months will tell when all weather conditions have been experienced.
I know a few other guys here in Borås who are interested in arranging a bulk order of dishes from the Uk or elsewhere. Would you and any others be interested ?

bodge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by saint
that must look nice in the garden !
living in the middle of kållered i dont think the neighbours (or even the misses ) would be too pleased . I think i could get away with up to 1.2m , but would it work ?

pleased to know someones succeded anyway and able to watch tweenies and chucklevision - i'll send the kids round !
PS is it on a sky digibox ?

I think a Channelmaster 1.2 might do the trick. You can get hold of them for 3000 crowns which isn't too bad.
I have a Grundig GDS 3000 but of course after 10 July any good receiver will do.

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
I think a Channelmaster 1.2 might do the trick. You can get hold of them for 3000 crowns which isn't too bad.

Hi, do you know any shops that sells them?

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
:-righton

Hello Bodge and the rest of the Swedes.

I am hoping to pick up a second hand 1.8m dish for free tommorrow.

I dont know what the model is and I hope the nearby hill and trees wont be a problem as I presume that this dish will need to be mounted on the ground instead of the chimney.

Anyway it may take me a while to have this set up but I hope it works and so will keep you all posted.

Bodge is your signal still OK. I hope this works for me in Hisings Kärra.
Have you any objects near such as trees?

What is the best LNB I know there is confusion but can anyone please give the best from testing the recomended range?

OK wish me luck.

Maxi 1

saint

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
gothenburg
just thought i'd move this thread up a bit . we almost lost it there .

since the beebs FTV introduction , i wondered if anyone has any success to share ?

Maxi1 - hows your 1.8m dish working ? up and running and getting a good signal ?

glad sommar

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
Hi Saint,

I am hoping to try try next week when my friend who knows more about setting up dishes can help me.

I am not sure yet which LNB to use, I have heard that the Invacom is not efffective for dishes more than 1.5m.

I was hoping that Bodge may have told me which lnb is being used with his/her dish in Borås.

Anyway I hope that this works,

I will keep you posted as soon as I know.

Maxi 1

saint

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
gothenburg
hej Max1
if you need some expert advice , then i can reccomend SETH'S Antenn out in mölndal , opposite astrazeneca (åbro ind. området) . some helpfull guys there .
good luck

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
Thanks for the Info Saint, I hope that this will work when my friend is back from his holidays.

Perhaps Bodge is on holiday ans so cant see my request.

I would really find it useful if he could please inform, me on what LNB he is using.

Fingers crossed,

Maxi 1

bodge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Maxi Sorry not to get back to you earlier. The LNB is the twin output one recommended by others ApTW 8 or something similar. I'm still getting BBC 24/7 with BBC Scotland although the other BBC regions are not as reliable.

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
saint said:
HI THERE .
back to the original thread . has anyone had any success getting ITV with a sky digibox in GOTHENBURG ? surely if stockholm can recieve the signal , us on the west coast should be able as well.

SKÅL

well logically this would be the case, but it isn't true of sweden.
in fact the only reason you can recieve 2d at all is due to a flare in the signal
which peaks in northern stockholm. you can recieve basically all
2d (horizontal channels) with a 85-1m dish in this area.

this peak lasts a long way over sweden but runs diagonally from ne to sw.
this is why places like malmo can recieve it but gothenburg recieves it a lot weaker. (there is one person i've heard of gothenburg who has had bbc1 and 2 with 2m and 2.5metre dish, but i dont have his details)

I will be shortly releasing my own map of this flared signal (for astra2d) plus my own faq for recieving sky in sweden.

It is information i have gathered over the past 2 years from experts and novices alike. i have advice on the best lnb´s to use as well recievers and much other advice.

regards

Rich

saint

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
gothenburg
you can spread the word around that DUBLINERS in gothenburg have sorted themselves out and receive BBC & ITV (on 2D) .
All i could get from the bar staff was "they put up a f...... big dish on the roof" .

Its a great place to watch the footy and rugga . probably not the place to watch The Chuckle bros though .

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
saint said:
you can spread the word around that DUBLINERS in gothenburg have sorted themselves out and receive BBC & ITV (on 2D) .
All i could get from the bar staff was "they put up a f...... big dish on the roof" .

couldn't try a bit harder could you, i wouldnt mind knowing what size dish they're using and whether they get break up and under what channels...

saint

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
gothenburg
hi to all in scando land

indios_se said:
couldn't try a bit harder could you, i wouldnt mind knowing what size dish they're using and whether they get break up and under what channels...

I am sure if you just pop in and buy a pint of the black stuff , the lads working there can inform you . I've heard of no problems yet .

skål