ITV Is On Satellite...But Where?

benny

Reaction score
While on holiday in corfu this summer,ITV was available in all the bars.It was on because the bbc did'nt have the rights to all the football during euro 2000.If the two channels were both broadcasting football at the same time,Most bars had both games on.They were even advertising coronation street on the boards outside the bars.I suppose it could have just been on for the euro championship,but I'm just not sure.
Any Ideas?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Coronation Street is broadcast on 28.2 east as part of the Sky package - I think it's on UK-Gold, or one of those channels.
So any bar with a digibox and Sky family-pack subscription should pick that up.

As for the football - are you sure this was ITV? Perhaps it was Eurosport or some temporary feed.

In any event, the only part of ITV on satellite is the news channel and the odd feed.

2old

M

mark.g

Its my understanding (from reading other newsgroups) that ITV was indeed available on Telecom 2b at 8 degrees west (off the top of my head). At the time, I was very excited. I was to learn later that it was a return feed used during the euro footie and has since ceased. Shame isn't it.

benny

Reaction score
Cheers,
Thanks for that,And I remember at the time seeing a quick flash of some on screen graphics saying "Telecom" But It was that quick I was'nt sure.But because they were showing it at the same time as the bbc coverage,I did'nt think that it had just jumped on to the sky package while I was on holiday,cos they would need another digibox+card etc.

Cheers,Thanks for confirming that I'm not going loopy.

Benny.