ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
It would appear that the ITV News channel (525) is now on 2D. For those of us that can only receive 2A/2B this is more bad news. We have lost so many channels over the last 18 months.
Geoff
Cyprus

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
sh*t there goes another one if they take five off i will really lose it , does anyone have any information on what channels are due to be moved over to 2D ?

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
It could be a sign, that ITV is going free to air on all channels.

solsat

Reaction score
Website
www.solsat.com
My Location
Alicante
I have a channel master 2.4mtr dish here in Alicante and at the moment I have lost it as well

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
dbolton said:
sh*t there goes another one if they take five off i will really lose it , does anyone have any information on what channels are due to be moved over to 2D ?

ITV plans to rename Granada Man&Motors to ITV4 and move it 2D and transmit FTA. Channel 4 is likely to make E4 FTA to compete with newly free ITV3 this also means we could lose E4 completely not just E4+1, already some interactive services from Channel 4 are moving to 2D. This leaves only five 'safe' for long term but with Astra 2D you never know!

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
solsat said:
I have a channel master 2.4mtr dish here in Alicante and at the moment I have lost it as well

:) ¿With your 2.4, those transmitted on 2D, can they be held for most of the day or not?

Am located south of the city and I hear varying reports on reception. As you have a Channel Master I would think you have the optimum.:cool:

Thanks
lovelyperson

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
skyoutUK said:
ITV plans to rename Granada Man&Motors to ITV4 and move it 2D and transmit FTA. Channel 4 is likely to make E4 FTA

Interesting - where did you get that information from and I will add it to the news section?

thanks

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
gameboy said:
Interesting - where did you get that information from and I will add it to the news section?

thanks

It was mentioned on Digitalspy.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I too noticed that ITV news had moved. Mind you, only a numb-nut could overlook a blue screen with a self explanatory message on it. Whatever, I'll give a ({}) to Astra.

Well, there's only five left to go and I am sure that they could be accommodated on 2D if needs be (even if 2D is now full).

Have Fun,

Mark.