ITV regional to go on EPG ?

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Huge great Dish in Cyprus
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
I Have heard a rumour that the regional ITV channels are to go onto the EPG similar to the regional BBC channels. I ask this because i live in Cyprus running SKY+ and am unable to receive ITV London any more, so consequently as i have a London regional card I am unable to record ITV. Has anyone heard whether this is going to be the case or is it just a rumour. If it is true does anyone have any idea what the timescale is until it is up and running. I don't want to go through the hassle of "moving to the midlands or east anglia" just so i can get ITV back. I am able to watch ITV via other channels but not record.

cheers in advance
Rikk

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
rikksow said:
I Have heard a rumour that the regional ITV channels are to go onto the EPG similar to the regional BBC channels. I ask this because i live in Cyprus running SKY+ and am unable to receive ITV London any more, so consequently as i have a London regional card I am unable to record ITV. Has anyone heard whether this is going to be the case or is it just a rumour. If it is true does anyone have any idea what the timescale is until it is up and running. I don't want to go through the hassle of "moving to the midlands or east anglia" just so i can get ITV back. I am able to watch ITV via other channels but not record.

cheers in advance
Rikk

Easiest short-term fix would be to use an external VCR to record the channel you are watching, leaving the SKY+ record facility for other channel.
Geoff

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly sounds like another rumour born of wishful thinking.