1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Hi,
every time I watch champions league on ITV1 the picture starts breaking up and makes the game unwatchable. ITV2 and all other channels are fine. I have to watch ITVScotland then I have a perfectly normal picture.
When I look at the signal strength and quality they are both at 80% + so I can't imagine having any problems due to a weak signal. I live in Germany but as I said I have a really strong signal. The weird thing is that I've only ever had this during champions league games and its becoming more frequent.
Is it possible that ITV weken the signal during champions league games ? my channel 103 is set up for the Plymouth area. I can only watch it fine on ITV Scotland.
Any ideas why ?
Cheers,

Methos.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There have certainly been rumours to that effect Methos, but only a real insider would know for sure.

How did you check the signal strength and quality? I believe that the Signal readings in the general menu, always refer to the default transponder (not 100% sure though) You can go into the manual tuning menu and set the transponder details to the one in question, that will then definitely give you a relevant reading.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Thanks. I just used the general menu levels as a reference. How do I go about looking at the other ?
Methos.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To get to the manual tuning menu, go to Services, System Setup, 0 1 Select and then got to manual tuning. You will need to identify via Satcodx or Lyngsat, which transponders are concerned and then enter the information, that will then show you the signal information specific to that transponder.

The other point is that aren't most of the ITV channels on the same transponder?

Answered my own question,

Carlton, Central, Westcountry and HTV West 10.832 H

Scotland 10.906 V

There are of course other versions on these transponders, it may just be that your Vertical alignment is better than your horizontal, but unlikely if it only affects those few channels and with specific broadcasts.