itv2

dynamo985

Reaction score
What are my options for receiving itv2, would it be possible to connect my receiver to my aerial and receive it that way? or is that just plain stu[id and wouldnt work, wot do i need to do?

dynamo985

Reaction score
back to my original point:
What are my options for receiving itv2, would it be possible to connect my receiver to my aerial and receive it that way? or is that just plain stu[id and wouldnt work, wot do i need to do?

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
@educabrera This question has already been answered and the answer is NO. There is no need to hijack some-one elses thread.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
dynamo985 said:
back to my original point:

Depends what receiver you mean. Sky digibox to dish - only if you have a Sky subscription.
Freeview Box to terrestial aerial :- Yes

dynamo985

Reaction score
ok im off to buy a freeview box in time for the match on itv2 tonight :)
will i be able to get itv2 just by plugging it in or will i need a booster or some sort of physical altering to my aerial?
my postcode is rh13 9hz
incase u need a location reference.
cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Now you've watched tonights match, you should do some more investigation into your Freeview options.

Have a look at http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/pcode/coverage_detail.pl?postcode=RH139HZ&ant=YES

My parents live near you, and can get most of the popular channels (inc ITV2, even though the site checker says not) except Ch4.

Borrow a mates box, and try it out.

Most stores won't let you return Freeview boxes once bought, for the above reason, so be carefull to check before you buy one.

You can improve your chances dramatically with a decent Freeview wideband aerial.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You can improve your chances dramatically with a decent Freeview wideband aerial.
And an unbroken run of good cable such as CT100 works wonders as well.

PaulR

dynamo985

Reaction score
do your parents have a better aerial or just their normaly bog standard one like mine, cos all i want really is itv2, if i can get that im gd!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It's nothing special, 'bout 9 years old, and pointed at Midhurst.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I wouldn't put too much credence in the postcode checker, if you phone a local aerial installer, he will know whether you will be able to receive digital channels.