I've finally received my 180cm Irte dish!

Alex2k

Reaction score
Yay! I've finally received it. Last night I assembled all the 6 petals together and I have to say that after all the petals make up a quite solid strucrutre when put together.

Now I got tow problems,though:

1) The holes do NOT match with the hole on the 1224el adapting plate :((( I got a drill with a vanadium tip so I can drill out new holes. My question is: should I make the hole so that the center of the dish is in the very center of the adapting plate or what? what if the dish is say a few mm up or down (but still in the middle of the adapting plate)?

2) I have to invent something to make the three little lnb poles hold my chaparal corrotor :S

That's it!
thanks a lot!

Alex2k

Reaction score
ok, I've drilled the holes and all should be fine.

I was wondering, what if instead of using my corrotor I get a Ku C120 unversal lnb? I already have the feed (which is nothing but a piece of metal). would the lnb alone work or would I need a magnetic polarizator?

thanks

Ps I know that this way I'd lose C band but I might get better ku band performance.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What performance were you getting with the corotor ?

Most losses at Ku band will be with this device
but the petals on the irte have to be EXACT to be efficient at Ku even with a dedicated feed

Do they look alright, string right, and have no strange fitting anomalies ?

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The Co Rotor is pretty signal " lossy"on both Bands but as highlighted by Channel hopper the Ku band the highest, hence my advise to remove the 90 degree elbow a while back.

A 1.8 is near the minium size for a C band what are you looking to recieve ? If you remove the Co Rotor you may well be supprised at the differance.

I have both a 2.0 mtr and 1.8 mtr Precision at (different locations) and the 1.8 mtr will perform as well as the 2.0 mtr if I leave the ADI co rotor on the 2.0 mtr

If you have the try both options that way you will be able to decide the option for yourself.

regards

Old Satellite