For Sale Jaeger 1224 motor and CM 1.2 for sale.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks
May need to speak to you about the " pantzer plate " or however it is spelt, the bit to make it stronger!

I think it is named after the WW2 Tank (Panzer).

I got the dimensions for the plate from this forum, It was "Trust" who provided them for me. Also, forum members "Feedsat..." or "Cardiff" might also have dimensions for the plate. Basically, it fits internally into the lower casing of the Jaeger 1224 and is secured in place by bolts passing through the casing. It acts as a reinforcement to the bottom section of casing.

I have attached a copy of the original plan for the Panzer plate that I got from "Trust".

Rgds
moonbase

Attachments

• Panzer Plate (plan).jpg
    Panzer Plate (plan).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 19

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
A 4mm stainless steel plate should do it.

A

Archive4

I think it is named after the WW2 Tank (Panzer).

I got the dimensions for the plate from this forum, It was "Trust" who provided them for me. Also, forum members "Feedsat..." or "Cardiff" might also have dimensions for the plate, Basically, it fits internally into the lower casing of the Jaeger 1224 and is secured in place by bolts passing through the casing. It acts as a reinforcement to the bottom section of casing.

I have attached a copy of the original plan for the Panzer plate that I got from "Trust".

Rgds
moonbase
Thank you again

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'll be in Spain either Autumn this year or Spring next year, so will arrange a Staff Inspection of the finished Installation.

Wine is de rigeur.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I think I´ll get one done in inox plate, think I have an idea of someone who may be able to do this for me.
I could manage that. Are you happy with @Trust1 drawing of the plate (posted in post #42)? What kind of screws are you going to use to fix it to the body of the motor? And what is thickness of the plate you wish to have?

A

Archive4

I could manage that. Are you happy with @Trust1 drawing of the plate (posted in post #42)? What kind of screws are you going to use to fix it to the body of the motor? And what is thickness of the plate you wish to have?
I do love this forum´s " summoning spell " almost as good as mine!
Thanks RimaNTSS, but until the goods are in the hand, I was just theorising! But, forewarned is forearmed ! 4-6 mm and until I have it cannot be 100% sure of the drawing , only 99%. " Screws " what would you advise? I think from memory on another thread it fits inside the housing, so " bolts " are more appropriate.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
" Screws " what would you advise?
I would advise 6mm screws with heads not sticking too much inside the body of the motor like Countersunk or Button, INOX of course.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_706 Apr. 27 22.57.jpg
    ScreenHunter_706 Apr. 27 22.57.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 18
A

Archive4

I would advise 6mm screws with heads not sticking too much inside the body of the motor like Countersunk or Button, INOX of course.
Think I´d prefer countersunk, lost a bit of money on button over the last few years, f-ing Mercedes

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Well, mine is out of a 5 litre box, so perhaps best you bring you own:D
We prefer the 10l boxes!
" Screws " ..., so " bolts " are more appropriate.
[pedant]
Technically a screw is threaded all the way along the shank and finishes just under the head. A bolt is unthreaded for a proportion of its length leading in to the head. This is regardless of the type of head (hex, countersunk, spline, Torx, slot, Posidriv or whatever) fitted.
[/pedant]

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Because they don't know any better. Besides, I'm talking about engineering here and woodwork maybe doesn't count?

A

Archive4

One small question, do you have some " offcuts " or will you charge me for an 8 x 4 sheet of metal?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
One small question, do you have some " offcuts " or will you charge me for an 8 x 4 sheet of metal?
No, I do not have sheet and do not have any offcuts, but will not charge you too much.

WHATAGOAL1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4, 1.8channelmaster, tm5402, tech1500, db920
My Location
Leic
i have a scrap motor if any one needs a part it may have it
will get mrs whatgoal to post a picture and any parts can be had by paying postage

A

Archive4

i have a scrap motor if any one needs a part it may have it
will get mrs whatgoal to post a picture and any parts can be had by paying postage
Can you advise brand and model of motor, while we await the photo? If it is a J 1224, I´ll take it and pay the postage

WHATAGOAL1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4, 1.8channelmaster, tm5402, tech1500, db920
My Location
Leic
ok

Attachments

• 20160429_144407_resized_1.jpg
    20160429_144407_resized_1.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 20160429_144435_resized_1.jpg