Jaeger 1224 Motor reset

modk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not setup yet
My Location
NW, England
Is there a way to reset the motor so that its pointing straight (similar to when you purchase it)? I know you can move it manually with the VBox to "0" but my zero isnt straight, its slightly on an angle East.

There's marking on the back of the motor buts its not precise and I dont really want to go off that it there's a more precise way of doing it.

modk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not setup yet
My Location
NW, England
Just had a look at the vbox manual (Its the technomate/moteck vbox2). There's a option to send the motor to "mechanical position 0" but unfortunately that just sends the dish all the way to furthest West. And unless there's a set number of points between there and back to the centre then thats no use.

Looks like I might have to use the markings on the back of the motor itself afterall.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I don't think there is a reset option.

I've just manually moved mine by the vbox and then reset the vbox to clear all positions off.

I think your thinking of the option on diseqc/usals motors "send to reference position" but 36 volt motors don't do this.

modk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not setup yet
My Location
NW, England
Yeah thats what im gonna do. Its just that there's no way to be certain you've got it dead centre (you could be 10 vbox points left or right of the CENTRE and still be lined up with the markings on the back of the motor).