jimmyireland

pat_1

Reaction score
cann u pm me about motorised system probs i am having.Imjust north of Galway city. Very poor reception on 5 west 1 west nothing from 42 E or 26 E Arabsat?

Can u get these?

Thx

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
This may be a job for Razor

42East should be no problem if the dish is aligned correctly on the arc (Vertical channels only in most cases) . 26E may require a much bigger dish

chipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5100 ci, dreambox 5620, Skystar2 pci dvb card. matrix reloaded, matrix revolution, various seca, viacess, irdeto cams. 1.2 CM with matched feedhorn on invacom 0.3 lnb 12" actuator, still on ground. 1.1 meter dish on stab 100
My Location
Belfast
hey Pat

I'm in Belfast and I pick up Thor/intelsat 1west no problem and also Atlantic bird3 5west, I have a meter dish, and due to the rather large wall, my east limit is 36 but I can get all the way to the west, I can pick up mostly every satellite who footprint I am near, altho I do have a bit of trouble with sirius on 5east, I only pull in the tv1000's etc, that are in the horizontal. Apart from that, I can pull in all that I am expected to. Also, my lnb is a cambridge, and must be around 10 years old, and I have no real problems with 26east either, might not be the strongest signal, but its there alright. As channel hopper has said, check the dish is aligned correctly, and nothing is blocking the reception to the dish in anyway.

chipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5100 ci, dreambox 5620, Skystar2 pci dvb card. matrix reloaded, matrix revolution, various seca, viacess, irdeto cams. 1.2 CM with matched feedhorn on invacom 0.3 lnb 12" actuator, still on ground. 1.1 meter dish on stab 100
My Location
Belfast
Also Pat, what size is your dish ?

chipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
oh and one more thing, (my scatty brain) when you are trying for 26east, make sure you use a frequency that is being broadcast in the footprint that is nearest you, http://www.satcodx2.com/0260/uke/ this will show you the different footprints used on 26east, from this you should be able to see the frequencies applicable to us. Hope this helps some.