Jittering effect with Pentavision

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Hi (Rolf & Starman), I have just noticed that the ABSAT package is no longer "full-motion" (ie jitterin effect) on this card. Does anyone get the same problem?

How can we go about resolving this problem, as it is for the whole Viasat package, Alice on 19E, s_x-view (and others on 13E) etc...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-09-01 AT 09:20 AM (GMT)]Hi Aseman,

Hadn't checked it until you mentioned it and I'm having the same problem, but it was obviously OK last month.

The only thing I can think of is that the new codes aren't correct or they've modified the encryption somehow, seems strange though that it only seems to affect the Pentavision cards. I'll contact one of the mods on a non related forum who's got one of the Hauppauge cards and see if he's having problems.

Perhaps one of the encryption buffs could throw some light on it.

Rolf

PS What files are you using this month, as it may be relevent.

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
I dont remember which file i used but the package was working with the same code last week. Therefore, it cant be the encryption system. Also, the bouquet details have not changed (as I didnt need to retune), so it cant be that this card cant hadle that frequency, FEC etc. This issue still confuses me and I hope we can find a solution, or at least, the problem.....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I've E-mailed Pentamedia UK, so perhaps they'll have some ideas.

rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi guys :)
Ive noticed that when some channels are added to a transponder, not sure if the same transponders every time, that i get the broken picture (jitter?) effect. This has happened this week on the astra 19 eats satellite carrying the channel RFM TV. All channels on this transponder where fine up until this week. They seem to have added one or two channels to the transponder. There are various transponders throughout the arc on each satellite that always give similar results. Strange. I recon it could be another driver issue, Hope its not a hardware defect.