Jose Mourinho- Top Man

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hate to say this as a lifelong Fulham supporter (please no jokes I've heard them all) but I have a growing admiration for Jose Mourinho the Chelsea manager.
This is not just as his expertise as a manager alone, but for his "human side" so to speak. Recently Chelsea played S****horpe in the FA Cup k.o.300, but S****horpe turned up at Stamford Bridge at 10.30 in the morning to have a look around.
Mourinho was there and took his unexpected guests for a look around the ground, changing-rooms, got them refreshments and generally looked after them.
After the match he invited them into the Chelsea changing-room, gave them Chelsea shirts (including shirts of people who weren't playing) and as Roy Aitken the S****horpe manager said afterwards he treated them with "great respect".
Don't know how many trophies Chelsea will win this season (not to many I hope) but Jose Mourinho will always be a winner in my eyes, unlike two other childish managers of two top teams.

PS Why has S****horpe come out like a swear word ?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
whatever i think of him will be thought of as being biased because i support Man U.

i think hes a good manager, but i dont like the way he comes accross personally.

not only is he big headed, but hes got a big mouth too. i hope they win nothing, that might make him keep his gob shut..... unfortunately i think they will win something, and he'll be even worse next season!! :(

jetkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate twin tuner 7100HD
Motorised Fracarro Penta 85cm
Don't have Sky
My Location
Oxford
Because there is a swear word hidden (not very well) in the middle of it.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
RedDevil_UK said:
whatever i think of him will be thought of as being biased because i support Man U.

i think hes a good manager, but i dont like the way he comes accross personally.

not only is he big headed, but hes got a big mouth too. i hope they win nothing, that might make him keep his gob shut..... unfortunately i think they will win something, and he'll be even worse next season!! :(

Come on Red Devil you really are biased, big headed - big mouthed who are you talking about Mourinho or FERGUSON :D

PS. Yes jetkis, I have just seen it, thanks.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
So JM is a big-mouthed arrogant git. Who knew?
Qualifications for a Premiership-winning manager then... O-Ha

Here's to the next ten years! :-cheers

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, if Fergie is mouthing off, at least he won the premiership once every one, two years since 94, throw in a European cup, cup winners cup, a few FA cups, Coca cola cups, not to forget Scottish title and (I might be wrong here, but wasn't there a UEFA cup with Aberdeen???). So quite a bit more than JM with his one and a half titles. I am not saying he is a bad manager, might even turn out to be a great one, but he might want to wait for a few more titles.....

Alan Pee

Reaction score
T_G said:
Well, if Fergie is mouthing off, at least he won the premiership once every one, two years since 94, throw in a European cup, cup winners cup, a few FA cups, Coca cola cups, not to forget Scottish title and (I might be wrong here, but wasn't there a UEFA cup with Aberdeen???). So quite a bit more than JM with his one and a half titles. I am not saying he is a bad manager, might even turn out to be a great one, but he might want to wait for a few more titles.....
But remember JM has not been around for long as a Manager. If stays as long as Alex, I believe he will win more trophies than him especially in Europe.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
when his record reads like this one, i will consider him a good manager :)

Sir Alex Ferguson
1980 - wins league championship with Aberdeen
1982 - wins scottish cup with aberdeen
1983 - does the double
- wins scottish cup again
- wins european cup winners cup (beating Real Madrid 2-1)
1984 - another Double
- wins the league championship with Aberdeen
- wins the scottish cup (3 in a row)
- awarded OBE
1985 - Appointed caretaker manager of Scotland following death of Jock Stein
1986 - takes over Ron Atkinson at Manchester United
1990 - wins FA cup
1991 - wins european cup winners cup
1992 - wins european super cup
- wins league cup
1993 - wins league championship (10 points clear of aston villa)
1994 - Double
- wins league championship
- wins FA cup (beating Chelsea 4 - 0)
1996 - another double
- wins FA cup
1997 - wins league championship
1999 - wins treble
- wins european champions league cup
- wins FA cup
- fergie is knighted by the queen
- wins Inter-Continental Cup (this technically makes it a quadruple!!) :)
2000 - wins league championship (18 points clear of arsenal)
2001 - wins league championship
2003 - wins league championship
2004 - wins FA cup

oh, he has won the charity shield 6 times too :)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
TOP MAN ???????????

This the same guy whom went around accuseing REF of being intimidated by FERGIE,
after his side escaped 1 certain and 1 shady penalty appeal,He`s loseing the plot,
its the pressure.

(WELCOME TO ENGLISH FOOTIE) if you dont win 2 trophys this year "CHOW" and heres your plane ticket, "WHAT YOU ALL SAY"
Wasn`t this Man appointed "whilst CHELSKI were in last years CL semis"
even after knocking ARSE-NIL out,

Ronan the impailer (wants instant sucsess)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
As a neutral I think he's got Ferguson and Wenger on the run and they don't like it one little bit. There both second best to Chelsea and just look at them suffer, while Mourinho throws in a few titbits to keep them going.
As for his record as a manager remember in his last two seasons at Porto he won the league twice, the UEFA Cup and the Champions League (beating Man Utd on the way) not bad going for a "poor" Portuguese's team, remember they don't have the large sums of cash of most of the other Champion League's teams.
Arrogant, big-headed, I don't think so. Confident and capably yes.
I'm sure the players and staff of S****horpe would agree with that.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
History is something it's nice to look back on when you're old and past it.

It keeps you going when your hot water bottle has gone cold, and your colostomy bag is due for changing.

I'm just living for today, for every game, and for every trophy.

If we lift the Premiership trophy this year (and I'm not stupid enough to think that it's a foregone conclusion...), I will be the happiest man on the planet. I'll also enjoy watching the rest of the teams scratching each others eyes out. :)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale

unfortunately thats not an opinion everyone shares....

Munich 58, the time we were relegated into the second division, the time when Man U didnt play in the FA cup for a season....Rio's drug ban, Cantonas kung fu kick.

thats history too, but other fans LIKE remembering them..... in fact they actually still sing songs about some of them.

opposing fans, mainly Liverpool fans turned up for years at old trafford with blow up aeroplanes and skeletons singing about Munich 58 (more history we were not allowed to forget)

i know all about this, i had a season ticket for 15 years... i had to listen to them chanting!!!.... sick tossers!!!

when i am old and passed it and if maybe we dont win anything for the next 30 years, i will have to tell the kids about the good old days....
just like my dad did when i was a kid, when he told me about the team from the 50s (he still recons they was better than any of fergies sides *sigh*)

personally i live for each new game and enjoy looking back at other good moments too :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:

You know the question: What is more important, size or technique?

So with Chelsea not having a real successive history compared to Arsenal , Liverpool and Manu (not being disrespectful to the Cups they won in recent years) you can anyway only look into the future....

ManU can look back on a wonderful history combined to an almost certain trophy-ful future. I don't deny that Chelsea have a good squad right now, but sometimes easy come easy go. When everything is based upon one thing, it means it has a good chance of going wrong.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Can't help but think that ManU are the new Liverpool.

Nothing lasts forever.

:D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nahhhh, I don't think so. The finances at our club are as good as they could be to ensure top honours for a long time. Nothing lasts forever, but Fergie is putting a good team together for the next few years.
But if we are in the comparing business, I reckon Chelsea are the new Blackburn....I mean, I don't want to alarm you, but if ever something happens to Chelskies Rubel Donor you will be in big big trouble...So you will be winning some, but I am afraid you will be looking at the bottom of the table within the next 10 years....

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well you're certainly right about the financial backing.

There are no hard and fast rules, but money buys success. So yes, if the Russian backing were to disappear then so would Chelsea.

But If Chelsea dominate for the next five years, the ManU money machine will stop rolling, and the fickle fans will all desert (not that we blo-O o-O dy want them, but there are huge numbers ...). Once that happens, they will not have the same clout, the same draw, the same prestige, or the same brand value.
In fact, that's already starting to happen. Their listed status has served them well in the good times, but may become a mill-stone in the bad.

It has taken something very extraordinary to challenge the status quo in the Premiership, but challenged it most certainly is.

I just happen to be a Chelsea fan, but regardless of that, it's the best thing to happen since the Blackburn revolution.

It's a good job for CFC that RA's backing makes JW look like a market-trader!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Saw an interesting prog yesterday about RA. Well, he is a clever little git isn't he? I honestly can't say how I would feel if a suspect guy like this came and rescued my club from years of mediocrity. Would I just not care or would I resent the fact that it is dirty money? I seriously don't know. But I understand the Chealsea fans who say they don't care after 50 years they'll do anything I suppose...
One thing is for sure, I would be pretty upset if that ginger american tw*t bought ManU, and he is just a greedy bast*ard...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, I know what you mean, but at the end of the day what corporate money isn't soiled by the blood of the innocents?

None.

All big business is based on greed, fraud and exploitation.

At the end of the day, if the American T%$T did buy ManU (as somebody surely will one day) would you still support them?

I guess there's just no reasoning with the passion of football.

Anyway, nice to see Mr (or is that Master?) Bates has just bought himself a cheap football club. Crafty bu99er. £10M buys him half of Leeds United.

Can't help thinking that's a bargain, even if it based in Leeds!

Hey, only joking you Leedsonians (?!!?!?!?!?!??!)

Wonder how many MPG he gets in the Roller?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I hope Bates will et Leeds back up in the PL. Not that I am a fan, but somehow it is not the same without 2, 3 Leeds Manu games.

On the money issue: Of course I would support ManU even if Roman A would have been the guy. The difference is that if you ask Chelsea fans they say it's the best thing ever happened to the club. For me, the best thing is already happening, I don't need anybody to change anything. So the ManU supporters would never really support such a sugar daddy...I am not saying Chelsea supporters are a morally numb, it is just a different situation.

Anyway, I can't wait for the game tonight. Must be a cracker!!!

jpmm

Reaction score
That is why the guy is so special, my friend. The real true is that other managers don't dare to say the things he says because they simply cannot deliver. This guy is at different level and he is already a legend in this country. "If you can't beat the opponent, you join them." and that is what Ferguson has done. He stopped saying things about José on newspapers. Only that idiot, Wenger, is taking time to show some respect for José'. But his comments just reveal pure jealousy. But that is typical french arrogance anyway. As for your information, the guy is really so special that he has been invited to have his wax statue at Madame Tussauds. What you think of that?

jm