just a little tip plz

m4rko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tp3000ci
My Location
Slovenija
Hi, I own a dragon module for abut a year now, but i never programed it myselve. So if somebody could jusut please tell me what to buy.
I know i need a fun7 card, but i dont reely know what programer to buy. Do I need a serial cable? And, by the way, do tell if you know how mutch this will cost, and whwre toto buy.
Thanks for your help.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi m4rko,
you will need a programmer capable of programming your loader card, if you're on a budget I'd recommend an Infinity/Phoenix which you can pick up for around £35, which can program both types of loader cards using just the USB cable.
If your computer hasn't got a dedicated Com port, or you want a newer programmer, you might want to go for a more expensive programmer that can program every type of card using the USB connection, or you could go for a CAS 3, a little more complicated to use but can do a few more things.
A Dragon Cam can have its firmware upgraded with both a Fun Card 7 and a PIC loader card, both of which are easilly programmed.
If you read through the Dragon forum you should get more information on what is available.
Best wishes
Mickha

m4rko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tp3000ci
My Location
Slovenija
Hi
Somebothey is offering me inffinity usb, but it is three years old (bought in 2003), so if you could tell me if this makes a change. With it, he offers a "fun gold card". Can I programe my Dragon with it?????
Thanks for answers.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi m4rko,
try this web site to read up on that programmer:
_http://www.infinityusb.com/default.asp?show=supportdetail&ProductID=1
Read the FAQ and User's guide.
It should be capable of programming your loader card, but probably wont be of much use in programming new cards, like Cerebro, which require a Phoenix programmer, if it's at a reasonable price and working it should suit your Dragon requirements.
Best wishes
Mickha

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
Hi, If you go to Page2 of Dragon Cam and look for this post
"Help with Infinity USB Phoenix loader please"
There you will see an answer from Mikha, this may help you to make up your mind as to which way to go. I am a novice but was able to follow his instructions with ease.