Just got 5620

dynamo985

Reaction score
its just arrived 5 min ago, my wireless equipment doesnt arrive for a week yet so can i just plug it in as normal using the official image already installed and start watching ART sports with my official sub card inserted in the card slot? I will set it all up properly when the wireless arrives.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Not sure if your ART card will work out of the box, but it should have a basic image loaded. Could well be a very old one though.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
dynamo985 said:
its got enigma loaded - will it work with that?
Enigma is the standard 'image', and also forms the basis of all the modified offerings.

You really want at least V1.08.0 loaded.

dynamo985

Reaction score
or which is the best image to load onto it? because i might aswell update so i can get the keys and stuff, i can only serial cable it atm.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Up to you, but I'd run with the standard image for a day or two so you can get used to how it works out of the box. It'll give you something to compare the modified image to.

One of the latest Hydra images from sat industry would be a good first choice.

You can tell which version of Enigma you are on by looking at the LCD when it boots up.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
BGonaSTICK said:
I'd run with the standard image for a day or two so you can get used to how it works out of the box.

If only I'd had the will power to do that...

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
If only I'd had the will power to do that...

I had my finger on the up button for about 20 min.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
What?!?! You mean you can let go?!?!?!?!

dynamo985

Reaction score
ok - story so far:
installed latest hydra for 5620, hooked it up to my sky mini dish first to see if i could at least get some bbc channels, all worked ok, switch over to my motor, did the setup according to the manual and nothing works, it wont even move the motor, it is a h-h 100 disqec 1.2 motor, with a 1m dish. Its on hotbird already - left from my last receiver where it worked perfectly and it cant even receive a channel on hotbird. Switched back to my old gbsat receiver - everything ok, switch back to dreambox still same problem - any ideas guys?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Are you using GOTO X.X?

Have you scanned Hotbird after doing the motor setup?

Can't remember the menu setup on Hydra, but I think it's the standard 'Automatic Transponder Scan'?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You will have to have a least on Satellite stored before the motor will move - strange but seems to be a DreamBox thing.

dynamo985

Reaction score
oh ok makes sense, i scanned hotbird - but it took over an hour to scan it is this normal?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No. 10 mins max...

You'll probably have to reboot it. Some of the older images screw up on scans. Esp. Hotbird. What channel has it stopped on (shown at bottom)? I can't remember the name, but there is one channel/transponder that knocks an older image over.

Drive it to a smaller sat first with your other box, and then scan that with the DB.

Try updating the firmware before you scan again if possible.

Either that, or import some stuff using DreamboxEdit, or a satellites.xml file.
I don't use either of these methods, but I know the others guys here will help you out if you need it.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
No. 10 mins max...

You'll probably have to reboot it. Some of the older images screw up on scans. Esp. Hotbird. What channel has it stopped on (shown at bottom)? I can't remember the name, but there is one channel/transponder that knocks an older image over.

Drive it to a smaller sat first with your other box, and then scan that with the DB.

Try updating the firmware before you scan again if possible.

Either that, or import some stuff using DreamboxEdit, or a satellites.xml file.
I don't use either of these methods, but I know the others guys here will help you out if you need it.

This happened to me as well. I just pressed exit a few times before it came to this transponder and you will get what it has scanned up to that point. Then you can go back and scan later.

dynamo985

Reaction score
took ur advice and went to tune in sky satellite at 28.2E, found transponders - got channels - not sky channels, seems they arre probably from an arabic satellite - dont know which one but has al jazerra, disney channel, bbc prime, ubc maybe and some obscure channels including one that had america in the title, btw i went back to enigma as posted on the official website. Any ideas?

dynamo985

Reaction score
oh yea, top bar is normally 45% and middle bar is anywhere between 25-85%, but when i search hotbird it says it cant lock on

dynamo985

Reaction score
just tried 28.2E again and am now getting Ch4 MAZ, HDTV - SES ASTRA :confused

im in a right pickle

dynamo985

Reaction score
ok - quick update, may have found the root of the problem but need some advice to whether it is or not, when i tell the dish to go to 0 degrees on the dreambox it goes to about 1 or 2 W, certainly not 0. Could this be why - infact i am certain it is why i am getting wrong channels from different satellites, but how do i rectify it, do i go to position> and move it east till i can see outside that it is at 0 degrees, or wud it b better if i got my old receiver to move it to 0 and see if it made a difference and then revert back to the dreambox?
thanks guys