Kaon Ksc S660 HD very slow zapping,and sofwarecrash,is this normal?

Turok

Turok

My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i bought a kaon hd s660 receiver on ebay 2 weeks ago,now after playing a little while with it,i recogneized,that the zapping of the channels is sometimes realy slow,then it can happen i make a search,on a transponder,want go back to the menu,after scanning,and then the picture is black,and nothing happens after reboot,when i press a button i see the blue light blinking on the display,and i have to wait very long,like on mediamaster 9800,that the fuction of the buttons,that i press on the remote,applyed to the receiver!
now i want to know from other owner of this receiver,is this normal,or not?
i could imagine,that kaon,has limited ,the system memory in this modell,maybe this the reason why zapping is so slow?
i restore factory settings,but this also not helps!?

R

rudolfdebeer

My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
Normal, looking for OTA update on Astra 1. (Not Astra2!!!) Push exit if not wanted.
The units are superb like all other KAON's
Price can't be better, fast zappers.
Back-up your channellist on usb-stick before accepting OTA update
Some updates channels are lost and you have to rescan all.
Older Kaon utilities not usable on this one
Nice HDMI scale up normal digital scannels.
At times when connected to USALS litle bug resetting to AMOS because these units where ment for Albanian provider once???

Turok

Turok

My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
what freqency i have to tune it,to start the sofware upgrade over astra?

R

rudolfdebeer

My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
On this same board answered already by me, use the google M8

Astra 1L (19.2E) - 12610.50 V - Txp: 112 - Beam: Astra 1L DVB-S (QPSK) - 22000 5/6 - NID:1 - TID:1112

KAONMEDIA DOWNLOAD KAON Clear 13240 2009-08-31

see _http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php

R

rudolfdebeer

My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
On this same board answered already by me, use the google M8

Astra 1L (19.2E) - 12610.50 V - Txp: 112 - Beam: Astra 1L DVB-S (QPSK) - 22000 5/6 - NID:1 - TID:1112

KAONMEDIA DOWNLOAD KAON Clear 13240 2009-08-31

see _http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php

Turok

Turok

My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!°
thanks for your reply!
2 more questions!
does your s660h have a cardreader?
i have to slots but both of them are emty,where i can buy the cardreader?
the picture quality on sd output over scart of this kaon is very bad!

today i recogneized,that a hirschman hd cable receiver that i tested,have exactly the same remote then the s660:)

Turok

Turok

My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!°
thanks for your reply!
2 more questions!
does your s660h have a cardreader?
i have to slots but both of them are emty,where i can buy the cardreader?
the picture quality on sd output over scart of this kaon is very bad!

today i recogneized,that a hirschman hd cable receiver that i tested,have exactly the same remote then the s660:)

M

makis_dr

My Satellite Setup
skystar 2-samsung svaci202
intel p4 3.0G
My Location
thessaloniki-greece
i have this receiver ksc660s hd and for the first time i encounter many problems.the receiver loses signal after a few seconds and i go back to the satellite shop and i dont what a f**k do and the problem solved(this happen before about six months).after this update the receiver i can say working fine.before a week it was made an ota update on astra 1 the bar stack in99%
about 20minute but finally done i dont what happen but after this update i have many problems first of all it did not regognize the irdeto module neither the usb stick for channel backup and something happen with the menu language i can not read the greek language of the menu its half words.the last thing that i made today it was to go back to the shop and give him the receiver and i say to him to get the previus software.i am very dissapointed
with all this situation.
Goodmorning from Greece!

M

makis_dr

My Satellite Setup
skystar 2-samsung svaci202
intel p4 3.0G
My Location
thessaloniki-greece
i have this receiver ksc660s hd and for the first time i encounter many problems.the receiver loses signal after a few seconds and i go back to the satellite shop and i dont what a f**k do and the problem solved(this happen before about six months).after this update the receiver i can say working fine.before a week it was made an ota update on astra 1 the bar stack in99%
about 20minute but finally done i dont what happen but after this update i have many problems first of all it did not regognize the irdeto module neither the usb stick for channel backup and something happen with the menu language i can not read the greek language of the menu its half words.the last thing that i made today it was to go back to the shop and give him the receiver and i say to him to get the previus software.i am very dissapointed
with all this situation.
Goodmorning from Greece!

R

rudolfdebeer

My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
makis_dr said:
i have this receiver ksc660s hd and for the first time i encounter many problems.the receiver loses signal after a few seconds and i go back to the satellite shop and i dont what to do and the problem solved(this happen before about six months).after this update the receiver i can say working fine.before a week it was made an ota update on astra 1 the bar stack in99%
with all this situation.
Goodmorning from Greece!
Hello Greece, Got my unit for many months, despite all bad news I only have good news. OTA upgrade no problem. Sound and Picture Top quality. Please do use an HDMI cabe if you have a flat TV. Also take in account Flat TV's don't accept RGB any more so you should use the CVBS output over scart (less quality). Your problem is not the 660 but your satelite dish and LNB who ****s up the Astra upgrade. Had a slight problem with 2 frozen and totally damaged twin lnb's whilst night temperaturees reahged -25 degrees celsius last winter.

Should have checked your dish and Lnb seeing from this part. Locally this type is still selling strong (by the thousands). No complainers heard. Other then on this board. I am not a reseller, just a very experienced KAON owner.

M

meridium

My Satellite Setup
openbox fta-3000
My Location
lITHUANIA
rudolfdebeer said:
I am not a reseller, just a very experienced KAON owner.
hello
I have bought a second hand machine and am not an experienced KAON owner.please explain me if this machine RF outlet is supposed to work.I can't find any manuals,or to say better,I find different,and don't know which fits my machine.On the menu I dont see any references to RF setup.
Thanks

R

rudolfdebeer

My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
meridium said:
hello
I have bought a second hand machine and am not an experienced KAON owner.please explain me if this machine RF outlet is supposed to work.I can't find any manuals,or to say better,I find different,and don't know which fits my machine.On the menu I dont see any references to RF setup.
Thanks
Manual shoul be downloadable from KAON-Media (be aware Avast recognises their site as virus). RF is bloody out of date, she does euroscart in CVBS or RGB and HDMI for HD and such is a superb unit. Using RF is for 60's-70's tele's Scan the videochannel 0 of you set for the freq of the KAON. But a waste. One magnificient stable machine. Got her 3 years now....

M

meridium

My Satellite Setup
openbox fta-3000
My Location
lITHUANIA
Thanks for the reply anyway.I want to use the RF to watch it in all rooms of my house and not all TVs have digital tuners.