KATHREIN sat dish andLNBs- Information needed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
HAMBURG GERMANY
:confused Does anybody know anything about KATHREIN satellite dishes? More specifically their compatibility with LNBs? I am thinking of replacing my defective LNB with an AP8-T2 MANHATTAN MIT but would like to be sure that I am not wasting money and effort. If you know how to contact the manufacturers that might be sufficient information. My dish is a “KATHREIN Cas 75”

Martin Geraghty, Germany

martingeraghty1@excite.com

O

Old Fred

Having looked at various pictures of your dish, it seems to me that it has an unusual LNB fitting. There's no reason why a 40mm neck LNB shouldn't work but you might have to buy or make a special clamp to hold it at the focal position.

Fred

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
HAMBURG GERMANY
For the benefit of anybody following this thread I quote from an email I received from Bavarian Satellite. It would be of particular interest to people in Northern Germany experiencing difficulties with BBC reception.

„The CAS75 should be fine in the Hamburg area ( We know people using 60cm standard dishes, which are much inferior). If it has the standard Kathrein Universal LNB mounted on it, then this is a better ( and 10 times the price) LNB .....

You can get adapters to mount standard LNBs on non-standard (e.g. Kathrein) arms.

However if you can`t get Astrad 2D on a CAS75 in Hamburg, then you have another problem_ most likely alignment.....

Regards

Edwin Courts
Bavaria Satellite Systems, Munich“