KaZaA

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Is anyone else out there also using the file-sharing system "KaZaA"?
It's a marvellous, wonderful thing. I use it these days for all my MP3 downloads, and it makes Napster look like a load of old pants. If it had bigger tasterisktz I would ask it to bear my children.

Point is though, it can support a wide rage of different file types, including software.
So the thought strikes me that this might also be a useful tool for sharing the kinds of satellite files that get Canal+ and their ilk hot under the collar. It would only require a bunch of us to agree on a naming standard for sat-related files, to make them easier to locate. Even that's not an absolute requirement.

Thoughts?

2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll have a go at that 2old, I use audiogalaxy at the moment which I find quite useful.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
ive been using audiogalaxy now since its very early beta stages and its now better than napster due to its non use of filters and i think because its not centrally located? and has a different set up to napster. I think "direct connect" has excellent potential, it uses any file types from mp3s to bin files and isos etc and creates a direct connection to other peoples shared folders on their hard drive hence the name. You can also set up your own hub and have control of users connecting to your hub etc. I have already seen hex files etc available on it though it has a mixed variation of shared files from films,gamez to utilities etc. ***** rating :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Where to download this S*T*A*R*M*A*N?

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
http://www.neo-modus.com

heres the link rolf, please be patient with the software as its very good once you get used to it. You must share in most hubs usually anywhere from 1 gig to 5 gigs of data on your machine, average being about 2 gigabytes. Best thing is just to create a folder and/or sub folders and stick everything in there you want to share with others. You can also chat while downloading and it is possible to boot up direct connect simultaneously and visit 2 hubs at once, best speed varies for everyone but i get anywhere from 5kbs to 60kbs. This software works best for broadband users though there are many 56k users in each hub. May take a while to load the users list of folders from there hard drive if you are on a 56k. Downloads can be resumed. Make sure you have a big harddrive :)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
http://www.kazaa.com
doh!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Beware it is one of those "love me love my dog" type products, it tries to instal a bunch of other memory sucking progs as well.

Just got rid of most of them.

Rolf

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Brilliant service

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK 2old, I've put a couple of files in my shared folder, one is secanix.zip, you might want to try a search for it later. It is listed under other, so I'm not sure whether it will show up.

Rolf