Any-one Know where i can get the latest Kevlar files for my
On Didge box," as its gone down again" Looked everywhere
but cannot C.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, that's a blast from the past. not something I miss though ;)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
what the on didge or the question.
The latest question seem to be "has such a channel gone to secca2" if so where are files.

TO B OR NOT TO B (now that is the question) Ive just tried talking to the wife , she replied (talking to me r u tonight I know
what your after F*CKOFF

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
(A) The question, the seca II question can also be a bit tedious, but hasn't got to the same level yet.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
The seca2 question is valid, as was the kevlar question at the time. As soon as seca2 falls I am sure we will be inundated with valid questions covering all aspects, including, I am sure, where can I get the files and how do I use them.
I thought that was what furums like these were about.

pixey

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hi pixey : I thought forums were about understanding/learning/shareing information. So to repeat question (without searching) what are you learning.
LOOK BEFORE YOU ASK.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Burnt chips: I agree "I thought forums were about understanding/learning/shareing information. " but sometimes people are so keen to get a certain piece of information that they feel it is quicker to post a message than to do a search using the boards search facility. This site is particularly well run and the search facility works well, but not all sites are like this one..

pixey

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is that a compliment Pixey ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Two reasons why I found the Kevlar questions tedious Pixey, the first being that the information was invariably available in several other threads on the same page and the people couldn't be bothered to read the other posts, they just pursue their selfish goal with tunnel vision. The second was that a huge number of the questioners had no interest in the hobby whatsoever, would not contribute to the foum and in many cases required the information purely to upgrade cards which they would then sell to their mates at work or in the pub. This type of activity was rife with On/ITV Digital and only served to increase the pressure on sites like this from the authorities.

The same thing would be likely to happen if a hack for Sky Digital ever materialised, there are over 5 million potential "hobbyists" to flood the boards.

The seca II issue is of course valid, but my first point still applies to a degree. The difference is that European satellite viewing is not as common in the UK as Terrestrial Digital and the cards are less likely to be sold down the pub (although it does go on). There are a large number of people with equipment capable of receiving European satellite, but a larger percentage are doing it for the hobby, rather than purely free TV.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
I suppose it is. When I first joined this forum what I knew about satellite systems you could write on a postage stamp - I am now able to fill two - well almost.
I am now able to advise some people on certain things that I have learnt over the last year or so and a lot of that is down to help I have had from others on this forum and problems I have had with my own system.

pixey