key trouble

richard8466

Reaction score
have hydra zeus loaded, but cannot download past control panel 1.3, coloured buttons will only download keys etc upto 9/12. so have downloaded from net a key updating prog, this dont seen to work. so found addresses of sites that db uses to upgrade, download to pc and ftp with dcc to db changed attributes manually, did this with scam 2.3 and marys, rebooted but cannot see scam in choice of emu on db, only radg and nwcamd. cannot get s£y, kioask, but can get multivi, anyone got advice

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
You can install them manually using your ftp program.Its the only way it worked for me.

If you go to the site below and download (Scam 2.3.tar.gz) and (Mary.tar.gz) you should have 2 winrar type files.
Then ftp the first file (Dont unpack it) to /tmp folder on your dreambox.Then press your green button on the remote and go on addon manager.Then press the yellow button for 'manual' and the file should be there (Scam 2.3.tar.gz) then just install it with the green button.
Then do the same for the marys file.

This way worked fine for me

I got the files from here - _http://db2center.net/index.php (listed under file centre)

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi richard,

Which Dreambox are you using?
Is Zeus in DB flash or multiboot on USB or HDD?
When I installed Zeus for the first time on my DM7000S (when it was recently released) the control panel was v1.9 and each time I update it's always v1.9. It's just the items available in the lists which change!
CP v1.3 sounds very old from a Hydra image much earlier than Zeus!

You could try downloading another copy of Zeus from a different source and installing that. See if there's any difference?

73 & good luck.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
lee32uk said:
You can install them manually using your ftp program.Its the only way it worked for me.

If you go to the site below and download (Scam 2.3.tar.gz) and (Mary.tar.gz) you should have 2 winrar type files.
Then ftp the first file (Dont unpack it) to /tmp folder on your dreambox.Then press your green button on the remote and go on addon manager.Then press the yellow button for 'manual' and the file should be there (Scam 2.3.tar.gz) then just install it with the green button.
Then do the same for the marys file.

This way worked fine for me

I got the files from here - _http://db2center.net/index.php (listed under file centre)

Just trying this on 5620 and it dont seem to work. Not coming up in add on manager unless you put them in var/add on. It comes up in the add on manager but not in the folder to install. Will mess around for a while with it. Might chmod them to 755 or unpack them. Have it written down somewhere , cant seem to find it now.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
td03-5 said:
Hi richard,

Which Dreambox are you using?
Is Zeus in DB flash or multiboot on USB or HDD?
When I installed Zeus for the first time on my DM7000S (when it was recently released) the control panel was v1.9 and each time I update it's always v1.9. It's just the items available in the lists which change!
CP v1.3 sounds very old from a Hydra image much earlier than Zeus!

You could try downloading another copy of Zeus from a different source and installing that. See if there's any difference?

73 & good luck.

Doing my head in. No problem with the keys. Installed them manually. But scam 2.3 wont work. Done everything I could. Think its time to flash with the new Zeus image for 5620. Might come up on the control panel. Now to switch computers with a serial outlet. Let you know how i get on after tea.

bob49

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
Doing my head in. No problem with the keys. Installed them manually. But scam 2.3 wont work. Done everything I could. Think its time to flash with the new Zeus image for 5620. Might come up on the control panel. Now to switch computers with a serial outlet. Let you know how i get on after tea.

Hi,

I've got the Zeus image with a 5620 and found it difficult/confusing to get the latest scam using Control Panel - I could only see Scam 25.11 in the list of Addons. I installed this oldversion however and compared the files on the 5620 with the zipped up Scam 2.2 and it seems that the only thing different was the scam file in /var/bin

Using ftp from the Dreambox Control centre software I transferred in the new version of scam into /var/bin, overwriting the old one, downloaded keys as normal using the green button and it all works - everything that should open up is there. I haven't tried it with scam2.3 as it all seems to work.

Bob

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bob49 said:
Hi,

I've got the Zeus image with a 5620 and found it difficult/confusing to get the latest scam using Control Panel - I could only see Scam 25.11 in the list of Addons. I installed this oldversion however and compared the files on the 5620 with the zipped up Scam 2.2 and it seems that the only thing different was the scam file in /var/bin

Using ftp from the Dreambox Control centre software I transferred in the new version of scam into /var/bin, overwriting the old one, downloaded keys as normal using the green button and it all works - everything that should open up is there. I haven't tried it with scam2.3 as it all seems to work.

Bob

Hi Bob
Just loaded the Zeus 5620 image with flash wizzard pro. Downloaded latest control panel, loaded scam 2.3, loaded marys, Put back on my settings and it working perfect.

bob49

Reaction score
Hi John,

Thanks for the info - just done the same and it was a lot easier. Found it difficult to flash-erase zeus though - had to do a factory reset from one of the setup menus. Couldn't get the 999 on the LCD display when three front panel buttons were pressed.

With NewCam 5.26 and Scam 2.3 loaded + Mary's keys /var is about 92% and it wasn't too happy about re-loading the keys. Deleted cardserver from /var/bin to get it down to 85% or so.

Bob

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bob49 said:
Hi John,

Thanks for the info - just done the same and it was a lot easier. Found it difficult to flash-erase zeus though - had to do a factory reset from one of the setup menus. Couldn't get the 999 on the LCD display when three front panel buttons were pressed.

With NewCam 5.26 and Scam 2.3 loaded + Mary's keys /var is about 92% and it wasn't too happy about re-loading the keys. Deleted cardserver from /var/bin to get it down to 85% or so.

Bob

No you dont flash erase using flash wizzard pro. Did you use that programme????????????
Your image when loaded without cams, should read 51%. Look in add on manager when its loaded, then 15% for each of the next 2 downloads, scam and marys= 81% aprox. I found only 1 cam to use you can delete from the remote and load another, you need to leave room for new control panel or it wont download for the next latest. Try another flash again and dont hold any buttons, just let it load normally and then load your settings.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
question?

if you are using your HDD for your Var files.... can you then delete everything from the flash version of var, if so would this make the machine more stable?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
question?

if you are using your HDD for your Var files.... can you then delete everything from the flash version of var, if so would this make the machine more stable?

Dont really know but I was told it was the cams that make the image unstable. Must say zeus was very stable up until I put in scam. Crashed twice the last few days.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
umm so this begs the question. if you dont use Radegast and any other softcams, including any other stuff, it would be better to delete them?

i have noticed when your Dreambox flash is full, the DB freezes a hell of alot more? must need room for caching or something.

so surely a basic system with say 2 softcams and marys keys would be better?

its just a case of finding out what we can delete then without causing problems

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
umm so this begs the question. if you dont use Radegast and any other softcams, including any other stuff, it would be better to delete them?

i have noticed when your Dreambox flash is full, the DB freezes a hell of alot more? must need room for caching or something.

Your flash shouldnt be nearly full. Store on your hd. You can delete on the control panel in add on manager.

bob49

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
No you dont flash erase using flash wizzard pro. Did you use that programme????????????
Your image when loaded without cams, should read 51%. Look in add on manager when its loaded, then 15% for each of the next 2 downloads, scam and marys= 81% aprox. I found only 1 cam to use you can delete from the remote and load another, you need to leave room for new control panel or it wont download for the next latest. Try another flash again and dont hold any buttons, just let it load normally and then load your settings.

I used the root.cramfs method - I'll try flash wizzard pro next time. Now that NewCam can open everything up, I've removed scam2.3 and got /var down to 66%.

Bob

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
RedDevil_UK said:

Yes, you are dead right. I keep NewcamD and SCAM loaded (plus Mary's) as it's fun to use the two different file structures and setups, plus 'new releases' can come for either one well ahead of the other.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
its a case of not keeping all your eggs in one basket.

your can guarantee whichever one you delete will be the quickest with the next update, its sods law

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bob49 said:
I used the root.cramfs method - I'll try flash wizzard pro next time. Now that NewCam can open everything up, I've removed scam2.3 and got /var down to 66%.

Bob

Good man bob, nice to see your sorted. I remember when i flashed the 1st time was holding the buttons down for 15/20 min. Use Flash wizzard pro next time. No buttons to hold. It backs up your settings and image as well. Download it someday and mess around with it. I know it fairly in & out now. Would`nt be on a desert island without it. lol....