Key Updating Utility

fad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
[Reposted on a new, more sensible thread :-)]

Firstly, thanks to the authors for the Key Updating Utility; thanks for the entry in idiots guide TG! installed it, works for the SoftCam.key. I suggest that anyone wanting to update the keys uses this utility, dead simple to install/run, just need the correct URLs to put in and press the buttons...
icon14.gif

Question: I have no idea whether my setup is OK (i.e. actually using the keys properly) as I havent managed to find anything other than FTA channels so far; Can someone tell me a channel I can check on which satellite so I can check it works, please? Updated keys on 5/12/04
(I'm really after tv cabo/Globo International but have only been able to get FTA REDERECORD on Hispa 1c 30 w so far
icon9.gif
).

After running the Utility hxxp://byksat.kabel1.cz/dreambox/SoftCam.Key", it responded with:
softcam [OK]
gbox [NOT FOUND]
scce [NOT FOUND]
newcamd [OK]

...So is gbox and scce not on byksat or do I not have locally and hence it cannot update or?? I'm running SF 107 also have SF 108 (but newcamd is not installed) and can try some others. I'm holding fire on flashing 108 as the root image 'till I understand more about the box.

As you might be guessing on a scale of 1-10 newbie, still on 1 :-) - several questions to ask but trying to plow through all the FAQs and guides 1st. Any help with the above and the questions below much appreciated.

Is there much value of flashing my root 107 image with the latest 108os might as well leave it and add a new image like 0590_hydra56xx_dianne_1105_fixed_1106 on /hdd?

Does the SF Team 107 image have Enigma 107 (how do I find out what version of enigma is running on an image?). I ask as I was looking at the "How to upgrade to NewcamD V5.25 – for idiots!" by BGonaSTICK which requires enigma 107 +

I've managed to find rsakeylist and keylist from suggested places but couldnt find any trace of the tpscrypt file. Any pointers here?

Cheers folks

fad

Edited to kill link to actual key. Just in case;)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
fad said:
[Reposted on a new, more sensible thread :-)

Firstly, thanks to the authors for the
snip
rum/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img]
I've managed to find rsakeylist and keylist from suggested places but couldnt find any trace of the tpscrypt file. Any pointers here?

Fad, I think you are admirably trying to do this the hands-on way, but I think you should go thru the easier stages first and then when you know how the images behave and you can watch what you want, then you will more easily understand the file manpulation you are aiming at.

I can only talk you thru Hydra images, but they are not that special; they do what I want so I will only waste time, trying too many others.
If you re-flash to Hydra, then use the green and blue keys to download the s-cams and keys, you should soon be seeing 30W.

Of course your DB must have an ethernet connection and not jjst go to a PC.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Err, Is it sensible to have a live key link in the current climate?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
fad said:
[Reposted on a new, more sensible thread :-)]

Firstly, thanks to the authors for the Key Updating Utility; thanks for the entry in idiots guide TG! installed it, works for the SoftCam.key. I suggest that anyone wanting to update the keys uses this utility, dead simple to install/run, just need the correct URLs to put in and press the buttons...
icon14.gif

Question: I have no idea whether my setup is OK (i.e. actually using the keys properly) as I havent managed to find anything other than FTA channels so far; Can someone tell me a channel I can check on which satellite so I can check it works, please? Updated keys on 5/12/04
(I'm really after tv cabo/Globo International but have only been able to get FTA REDERECORD on Hispa 1c 30 w so far
icon9.gif
).

After running the Utility (Source= http://byksat.kabel1.cz/dreambox/SoftCam.Key), it responded with:
softcam [OK]
gbox [NOT FOUND]
scce [NOT FOUND]
newcamd [OK]

...So is gbox and scce not on byksat or do I not have locally and hence it cannot update or?? I'm running SF 107 also have SF 108 (but newcamd is not installed) and can try some others. I'm holding fire on flashing 108 as the root image 'till I understand more about the box.

As you might be guessing on a scale of 1-10 newbie, still on 1 :-) - several questions to ask but trying to plow through all the FAQs and guides 1st. Any help with the above and the questions below much appreciated.

Is there much value of flashing my root 107 image with the latest 108os might as well leave it and add a new image like 0590_hydra56xx_dianne_1105_fixed_1106 on /hdd?

Does the SF Team 107 image have Enigma 107 (how do I find out what version of enigma is running on an image?). I ask as I was looking at the "How to upgrade to NewcamD V5.25 – for idiots!" by BGonaSTICK which requires enigma 107 +

Cheers folks

fad

Edited to kill link to actual key. Just in case;)

Hi Fad

First of all, welcome to the dreambox world.
You have posted a lot of questions, and you probably find as many answers for them as there are moderators.
I would suggest to you to go the easy route (as my educated friend HAggard suggested).
From my (Head Idiot) point of view I would go and use the SF image. The reasonm is I tried both and the SF is as stable an image as I have seen in a long time.

Once you have installed it you can download the emus and keys from the "Alternative addons" menu (this has been explained in some of the recent threads in this section).
It will install Newcamd and the keys. You might need to go to find the latest keys, for that I suggest you search for threads regarding Thor (again in this section), you will find info there. Files for this can be found in the "hack" section of IHAD site.
After that, you said you wanted to watch encrypted channels or at least know where they are.
For this I have written something in the Idiot guide regarding settings, downloading them from the internet and inserting them into the dreambox using Dreamuplan.

Or you could scan the satellite you want, and go to Lyngsat to find out what the enryption is.

Once you got the image working, and you got the channels I would suggest you save the whole thing just in case by doing a complete backup using the Flashwizzard pro.

I would not worry too much about Enigma this or that, and before going to install manually NewcamD I would try the easy way, play about some and then try to ruin it all.

i hope this will get you started! ;)