keys knowledge

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
I would like to know who is barracuda and strsh. How are keys found out in the first place from the channels. Inside job??

I was thinking there is a device which is put in the reciever and the codes/keys are read by a gadget of some sort.

Am I thinking right?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
one of the golden rules of this game is that we never attempt to get our fellow hobbyists' real names into the public domain. Please don't ask who people "are". If I see real names posted I will remove the post and ban the person who posted.

If you meant not so much who they are but rather what their roles are, then the answer is that they are simply hobbyists like you and I. Only more experienced.

Different kinds of keys exist and they are obtained in different ways. The keys that change regularly are typically obtained by logging the data stream coming in from the satellite. That is, an interface (a "Season") is placed in the receiver/CAM instead of a card, and connects to a PC. A logging utility is run in the PC that can sift the intercepted data stream and place any keys found embedded in it into a database.

See also earlier postings on this board (search on "logging" for example)

2old

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
I apologise for the stupid question, but I see that our fellow hobbists will be one step ahead all the time. Great News :)