kind of card

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The whole idea of the Dreambox is that you don't use a card, everything can be done by emulators in the DB software (when files available).

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
rolfw said:
The whole idea of the Dreambox is that you don't use a card, everything can be done by emulators in the DB software (when files available).
If the currently available S2 options dried up, could you chuck an MII card into one of the card slots without the hassle of a C*nax/MR etc. CAM?

MacAddict

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
If the currently available S2 options dried up, could you chuck an MII card into one of the card slots without the hassle of a C*nax/MR etc. CAM?

I thought the Emu replaces the CAM and the kerys replaced the card :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
.... but the plain (decrypted) C*nax keys aren't available now, so no s*ftcam.key file for 1W.

They ARE however available (still encrypted) on the MII card, for about £28.

You would of course also need a programmer that supports Phoenix 3.58 mode for around £55, but this might last for a few card-type upgrades e.g. M3, M4 M5!!!!

Still cheap footy if S2 goes bye-bye.

Don't like to sell-out, but could become the only option. V. little FTA now.

Just want to know if I could do it without a CAM.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The DB card slot should work with a card, haven't got it working on mine yet, as I haven't got the plugin, using an X-CAM in mine.