Kiosque

philpat1

Reaction score
My Location
Nicosia
I have read that the Kiosque channels will transfer to Seca II on October 7th. If this is true then we are in trouble since we won´t be able to watch them any more. At the same time rumors on the internet say that the Seca II has been cracked. Hard to believe that it has been done. The K-1 channels is not there anymore. Is this the first step to the full transfer of the Kiosque channels to Seca II?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It would certainly appear to be going bit by bit, I will believe the Seca II hack when I see it.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
philpat1, I have read on other forums (haven't had a chance to try out myself yet) that K1 and K13 have moved to

Astra 1G 12.012V 27500 3/4

Tirosh.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
yeah, they juggled some frequencies; you need to rescan to bring the new ones in.
Philpat1:
"If this is true then we are in trouble since we won´t be able to watch them any more. "
LOL. Plenty more up there still (Multivision, Palco/30w, Cinedom, Ticket...)
2old

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Just read 2old's for this reply about there being plenty more to watch ie: palco,cinedom.ticket.But what tackle do I need to get these? I have a 80cm dish partially mobilised,Ican get 6 sats from 19.2degs to french telecom.So what else do I need

Guardian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have DiseqC 1.2 on your receiver, then a £80/90 polarotor will get you up and running with your existing dish, just got have a reasonably clear horizon and a dish location that can turn that far.

martinr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Unfortunately, the exit of Kioske means that (apart from C+) there are few if any English speaking movies to be had. Multivision is all French, Cinedom all German, Palco on 30W does have English soundtracks generally it's true, but you do need a dish that goes round that far. Don't know if philpat1's (original poster) does but seems to me from what he says Guardian's doesn't. Ticket needs a huge dish in most parts of UK. My (perfectly aligned) 2.3m loses it in the evenings. Your OK at present if all you want is mature content, though, as almost any language will do, I suppose!

So, let's hope for an early crack to S2, eh?

Cheers
martinr

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Thanks for the advice,I'll make some enquiries about a polarotor
and I'm a bit to long in the tooth for mature content,nowadays I'd rather have the money !!!!!
Guardian

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
As well as the PPV channels, there are plenty of premium pay channels which specialize in films, many or most in English language. The Dutch C+blauw, C+rood, C+16:9 and Studio (previously called CineCinemas) spring to mind. All on Astra1/19.2e, all in Mediaguard v1 (switching to v2 end of the year)

Last time I checked, 2 Cinedoms transmitted in dual English/German. Have they stopped now?

There's Showtime at 16e (same Irdeto1 transponder as Private Gold).

And my wife loves TCM. But there's no accounting for taste...

2old

philpat1

Reaction score
My Location
Nicosia
Thanks for your reply quys. One thing is for sure. Our viewing options are decreasing day by day. Lets hope though that the rumors spreading over the internet that the Seca II is hacked are true. Time will show. :confused

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A polarotor is a trade mark name for a device that allows mechanical adjustment of a probe for fine tuning the incoming signal polarisation

I believe a polarmount is a better bet to get satellite further East or West at your location

Dont forget there are also many many free to air channels putting down reasonable entertainment.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I like TCM!!

I thought the recent Kubrick season (including showings of 2001 and 2010) was excellent. And I share my wife's liking for b&w weepies. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

wolsty

:cool:

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
When I'm across in the US I often watch TCM. Funny thing is, the films they show on that US version are much more contemporary.

Maybe I should introduce you to my wife. She hunts out the old B&W romantic stuff. You could be chromatically challenged together.

2old

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Isnt there a channel called TXN or TCX , bringing B+W programmes on Hotbird now

Saw it once or twice when flicking though, always a Charlie Chan movie though

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I mentioned the name Polarotor as its the brand name of the unit that I use and is one of the cheaper and easier ones to set up. This particular one has buttons on the unit itself which can move the dish and preselect satellites for use with any DiseqC version, even the versions with only four satellite selection.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I dont know how theyve managed to name it that unless Chaparral has resold the trade mark and returned the name into the public doman

Will check further

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like there may have been a problem CH, I got one of the first ones into the UK nearly 2 years ago, the current available versions would not appear to be labelled with that name. Of course it would not be totally out of the question that my memory has misled me and it was called something totally different, I don't think that I've still got the box, so unfortunately can't confirm whether it is my memory at fault.