Kit fitting!?!?!

bowdie

Reaction score
Hi all, I wondered if I could tap you all for some advice (again)

I've finally got everything I need to have sat TV installed, I've got a Raven G70 with 6 degree arm (I'm going for Hotbird and Astra at 19) a comag receiver, two .3 LNBs and a switch for them. I even most of the fittings. I'm ready to go.

Trouble is, I'm not particually handy with the drill and the ladder, so I'm considering paying someone to fit and align this kit.

I had a company come round yesterday to have a look and they quoted me 152UKP for the job. And I struggled to keep my eyes in my head.

Is that a lot of money for this job? Should I be less of a lazy sod and do it myself?I have an pretty much south facing house, and have an empty eastern wall. Does anyone know anyone in the Cheltenham area that are good?

Thanks in advance
Andy

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi Andy - is it that you don't like ladders (you probably don't need to get the setup really high although this is good , and we don't know if you have any obstructions near you that could cause you grief.

Or is it just the thought of the task that is stopping you ? At the VERY worst you will drill a couple of holes you don't need which can be filled with some cement and the brick dust from the hole . Anything we can do to reassure you?

:)

L

bowdie

Reaction score
heh, it's a subtle blend of not really being much kop of this sort of thing, wanting it done right the first time, and being a bit of a lazy git really. ;)

I've had all this kit knocking around the house while I got messed about by suppliers left and right, and just want it up. (to coin a phrase)

I'll put up shelves, that sort of thing, but this is the sort of thing I'd rather pay someone to do professionally, and call it a day. Plus, the idea of me drilling through the house to run the coax in, makes ms.bowdie not happy.