Kn@ckers!!!

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Errr. went to move Diseqc (superjack DG120) motor last night from 13 to 19........ Kaput!
The techno 1500 I have driving it went off, so powered down the box, flicked it back on and same again.... shut down!
Looks like the diseqc motor has retired! after less than 2 months of V/light service.... can't be bothered with the motorised now (+ I got the motor from germany), just going to go twin output monoblock instead (as I have the apollo downstairs), after all I only flick between 13 & 19 anyway........ just stuck the dish at 13 until I get the monoblock!
Now at least the apollo won't be stuck on the same sat as the driving techno. Had a quick look at the prices... 50 quidish!, hope they're a lot cheaper at the wholesalers!

On the plus side... best signal ever LOL

What made it worse is that I borrowed a ROVER sat meter from work which had 3 diff' 13 east transponder settings on it and not one would pick up a signal....... wasted half an hour using that meter to find 13..... in the end I just used the signal/quality level in the techno setup menu! (as I did when I set it up the first time!)

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Maybe it was frozen solid from the weather and when you tried moving it,it overloaded:confused
Just guessing really,hope mine doesn't go the same way.Did you get it off Ebay,from a shop called DVB:confused

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Oily said:
Maybe it was frozen solid from the weather and when you tried moving it,it overloaded:confused
Just guessing really,hope mine doesn't go the same way.Did you get it off Ebay,from a shop called DVB:confused

Think your right matey, it was pretty cold!, did try it this morning after the frost had gone but no joy!
And yes it was DVB..... can't grumble at their prices or service...... just a bit of a bummer with returns, I'll prolly strip it down, repair it and chuck it on sleazibay for a bit of beer money:D

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
I'd get in touch with them,see what he has to say with regards to returns,might be worth your while.
How much is a new motor,if you bought one over here,compared with postage to Germany:confused
A few things to consider before you take it apart,thus voiding your warrenty:(

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorkshire
Oily said:
A few things to consider before you take it apart,thus voiding your warrenty:(

Too late son.....stripped it, not much inside.... can't see anything obvious on the circuit board!.... if I get chance I'll try it on a stb 2 moro.... seeing a some nice chap gave me a little diseqc gismo today that fits inline of the coax and sends left/right (and summat else via 3 little buttons) diseqc signals, so should run from any 12v lnb supply!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
stealthpirate said:
Too late son.....stripped it, not much inside....

Three things 'real' men can't say...

I'm lost

I'm wrong

I can't fix it!

O-Ha

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorkshire
gameboy said:
Three things 'real' men can't say...

I'm lost

I'm wrong

I can't fix it!

O-Ha

I have sat nav, your a liar and I have fixed it ;)...... couldn't see anything wrong, so re-assembled it, works now!!, tried it on an old digibox using that little diseqc gizmo someone gave me.... east.... west & zero all o.k 'O'-red
Made me mind up about the monoblock, so chucked it on sleazibay, with full & honest description:)
Here's a piccy of the little diseqc signal gismo... I've not seen one before!

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorkshire
Update.... wholesalers didn't have a twin output monoblock!, said there was no call for 'em!
So got a Lemon one (hope not ;) ) from Alsat.... 40 quid delivered, works a treat, though it was finished in white (a bit lairy) so sprayed it with some stealth black :cool:
Hopefully maintenance free now (bet the neighbours think I'm a right joey up and down the ladders all the time!:-doh! )