KTN on 39E

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I've been watching KTN (Kenya Television Network) on 39E, but it disappeared at the beginning of March. Does anyone know if this was a scheduled turn off, or if it happened suddenly?

Reason I ask is that the Kenyan Secret Police raided the TV stations and Newspapers at around the same time. It has been suggested that this was to suppress some information implicating a certain high-ranking government official in corruption.

I'm just curious as to whether the disappearance of KTN from HellasSat is linked to this or a coincidence. I have family in Kenya, so naturally I have concerns about the situation there.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/03/02/kenya.press.ap/

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately I have heard nothing concerning this channel, what you fear may well be the case. I gather that there is an impending food crisis in that and neighbouring countries, perhaps more will come to light as the countries come to the foreground of the news.