Last pre-installation question…

kroc_kroc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV: Panasonic 42PX60 DVD Recorder: Panasonic DMR EX85 AV Amp: Yamaha DSP Z9 Front Speakers: Monitor Audio GR60's Centre: Monitor Audio GR Centre Rear Speakers: 2 x Monitor Audio GR Centres Sub: BK Monolith DF [ No satelite equipment yet ]
My Location
NW London
…I promise.

Got all my equipment waiting for the installer who arrives tomorrow:

Technomate 6900
Moteck SG2100
LNB 0.2 Strong
Triax 1.1 Metre Dish
T&K: 18"

The question is the shop where I bought the Motor had some very nice looking 1m Fracarro dishes:

Fracarro 1 Metre (Steel) Dish
Technical Specifications
Gain; 39.7dB
Clamp size; 30-90mm
Ratio F/D 0.66

The disadvantages with the Fracarro are it is 10cm shorter (just the height), made of steel (so slightly on the heavy side) and white (bit more noticeable than the grey Triax).

My question is:

If it were your own personal installation, which one would you go for in terms of quality. Will the Triax outperform the Fracarro with size alone and/or should the build quality of the Fraccaro dish be taken into consideration? I know the Fracarro is no Channel Master, but I'm just wandering if the smaller Fracarro would outperform the larger Triax after reading statements like this elsewhere:

As a very rough guide, the sort of experience I've had with Triax equipment, you can equate a 1.1m Triax dish to the performance of an 80cm Channel Master dish.

Sorry, I should also say a quick reply is needed because the installer is arriving tomorrow. Please don't suggest other brands like Gilbertini becasue I've only got time to use either of the above dishes.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Fracarro are quality dishes built for the professional in mind. Need say no more :-rofl2

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland

kroc_kroc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV: Panasonic 42PX60 DVD Recorder: Panasonic DMR EX85 AV Amp: Yamaha DSP Z9 Front Speakers: Monitor Audio GR60's Centre: Monitor Audio GR Centre Rear Speakers: 2 x Monitor Audio GR Centres Sub: BK Monolith DF [ No satelite equipment yet ]
My Location
NW London
Sorry "compufunk", but those threads refer to the FRACARRO PENTA 85.

I'm talking about the FRACARRO 1m Dish (which is circular rather than diamond shaped with rounded corners). Everyone seems to talk about the FRACARRO PENTA's but I was hoping for some insight on the 1m Circular design dishes.

Just had another look and the Fraccaro seems to be lighter? On amazon they say the boxed weight is 7kg - it certainly felt light in the shop?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
My Bad :-doh!, I missed that,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't tested them to compare, but I do like the Fracarro build quality. :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
I believe the Penta 85 is approx 7 - 8 Kg also..........:D

gerryl

Reaction score
if ye have good line of site and yer installer optimises yer sig then there should be nothing in it that would make a difference on a good day!...would agree with the comments above Fracarro got the 'long-term' build quailty...hope all goes well