Latest & Greatest Hummi firmware flash

B

bibi bear

Got this in from the Humsoft site
"There is good news from planet Hemp: He brought us a new Humax firmware Hic10306PH+cam2002B"
and now just got this
"There is a new update from Planet Hemp
the 2002C some changes for the support of the viaccess and aston module."

Has anyone tested these new loaders + patches - I'd love to hear some critiques
Too bad the readme is in German 'cause the only thing that I've flashed is my (now multi-region) DVD drive
...unless u count those cops in Ft.Lauderdale :-O

B

bibi bear

I've just flashed my firmware with the latest +CAM patch.

If someone is really interested, I'd be willing to write up a walk-through on the procedure.

Also, after taking the 45w-43e satellite transponder/channel settings from the net, I've modified them inside of a settings editor so that they work with a DiSEqC 1.2 motor and then I downloaded them into my 5400 - again, I'll help others do the same.

The next project is to change/play with the background wallpaper.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Bibi,

Getting too clever for your own good now :) LOL

If you want to do a little tutorial, I'll post a link to it in the forum header.

Rolf

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I'd be very interested in a tutorial and hand-holding walkthrough flashing my 5400. I've not made any firmware modifications since I bought it in November last year and am very nervous about crashing it before it's out of guarantee. But I would like to learn how to do it (and to recover from any disater I might precipitate).

I'm also interested in the DiSeqC 1.2 modifications.

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
"changing the background wallpapaer" ?

BB You NEED a long holiday !

B

bibi bear

Here's a walk-through the procedure... Ready ?

1. Determine the system ID (and its related S/W version) of your 5400.
[Menu > Installation > Status > STB Status]

2. Go to the
Humax Support [unofficial] site
http://www.axs-ict.nl/humax5400/talen/english/index.htm
and d/l the OFFICIAL FIRMWARE for your 5400 (my System ID, "0016.200", has the SoftWare Version "HIC1.03.06 ") and so I d/l'd the HIC 1.03.06-02 file from their FIRMWARE page

Note: This is primarily a precaution measure:
The Support site recommends that on every d/l to the STB (including a Transponder/Channel settings update) you to procede by
1st:Flash (D/L) to the STB's eprom w/ the ORIGINAL OFFICIAL FIRMWARE,
2nd:Flash (D/L) to the STB's eprom w/ the CAM patch and only then,
3rd:Flash (D/L) into the STB the new settings

3. Go to the
and d/l the latest CAM patch file from their FIRMWARE page. This file (on 19-02-02) the " HIC10306 cam2002d " IS the CAM patch for all 5400's that have HIC S/W Version System IDs!

4. Go to the
and d/l the Firmware Tool software HCC 1.31 (Humax Control Center v1.31) file from their FIRMWARE page - BTW This IS OFFICIAL Humax s/w

5. Prepare/unzip your 2 files (advice: create folders & put 'em in Program Files\Humax Digital\), install HCC (btw I had problems under XP, but no prob under Win98)into Program Files\Humax Digital\..., REBOOT,

STOP!

NOTE: For first timers, I recommend that u :
6. Go to the
and d/l the Settings Editor software Humbox 4.1 file from their SETTINGS page and then install this Win98/Me version software [(for NT 4 or 5, you'll need to install the MSI (Microsoft Windows Installer Engine) Windows NT-4 version first - which is just under the Humbox 4.1 file] into Program Files\Humax Digital\Humbox . Then REBOOT

7. Now, make the null-modem connections, put the STB on standby (the clock/time will show), and to verify a good connection launch the Humbox 4.1 s/w and do an exercise:UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT SETTINGS FROM YOUR STB TO YOUR COMPUTER FIRST (the command is in one of the menu bar's drop-down choices - THEN THE S/W SHOULD PROMPT U TO TAKE THE STB OFF OF STANDBY (put it in Program Files\Humbox\ and name it old-settings). - If u get a error message then just try again and check all the connections and that the correct COM port is selected in the s/w's options.

You are now ready to reflash your firmware.

8. Put the STB on stand-by, launch HCC 1.31 select first the ORIGINAL FIRMWARE file, and take the STB off stand-by.
Now to flash this firmware w/ the CAM patch : Put the STB on stand-by, select now the HIC10306 cam2002d file, and take the STB off stand-by - u now have just turned your imbedded Irdeto CAM into an AllCAM.

NEXT If u like you can d/l new settings - NOTE: Although HCC 1.31 can do it, I find it much easier to do it with Humbox 4.1 (and also Humbox 4.1 IS AN EDITOR as well)
Settings are abundant on the net check out digital-sat.com

NOTE : This patch does not affect the Loader, which in my case is still Version L 2.08

bibi

beast5223uk

Reaction score
Hi,

I've upgrade the FW of my 5400Z to 2002d from 3.2 (Patched by Astra Tech people).

And now I can watch TPS (GREAT!!!) but lost PALCO (Not so GREAT !!!).

I used Satkoos DS9 and Satkoos FUN, both failed to pick up PALCO .-)

(I only watch late night movies on PALCO anyway, so it is no great lost).

Beast

B

bibi bear

Strange, 'cause I'm running the 2002c & i'm getting all of Palco from an IrSeta file (p/u from Druckers) on a GW

beast5223uk

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that their Humax + 2002d Patch works as expected ?

i.e. it picks up all channels.

If possible can you recommend any particular DS9 file ?

I just found out that I also lost Satisfaction.

The error was 0100 for Palco and 0500 for Satisfaction.

These errors were producable on a few other DS9s I tried from Phil's Upload site.

Beast

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I've just patched my 5400z for the first time and have used 2002d. It seems to be working properly. Thanks for the walkthrough Bibi Bear. Easy to follow and worked first time (at least it did when I plugged the null-modem cable in properly!).

I'm using Funcard and DS9 files, both named vagpap, downloaded yesterday.

I'm off to spend a Saturday evening channel hopping; I'll try to post tomorrow to let everyone know whether the combination worked.

I didn't try a settings download because I'm a bit confused by the variety of files available. For example, do the 45 deg E to 45 deg W settings work with a DiSeqC 1.2 motor?

wolsty

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Well Taquilla, Kiosque, Palco, Premier and so on all work satisfactorily. But all Nagra encrypted channels on Hotbird still refuse to decrypt. I think the problem must be in the card software or data files.

wolsty

D

denny

Hi Bibi Bear can you tell me I have a 5300 can this be upgraded or is it just the 5400. thanks Denny

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The 5300 is Viaccess embedded with 2 CI slots

There is no upgrade to any other encryption with this receiver (though the standard unit is very good at most things)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
It seems that my Nagravision problem is attibutable to daily code changes by Polsat.

wolsty

K

KGL

Having just purchased an IRCI-5400Z box, with a system ID of 0102.0600 can you assist with which HUMAX official patch & loader I should use please?

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
The first thing to check, KGL, is whether your IRCI5400z has been flashed back to the seetings of the IRCI5400. The dealer who sold it to you will be able to tell what, if any modifications, have been made. If it hasn't been flashed, you will need to do this yourself (not recommended, since you need to make or purchase a z-board and could, if you make a mess of the exercise, invalidate your guarantee) or get the dealer to do it for you. Expect a charge. There is a price differential of up to £50 between flashed and unflashed 5400z STB's.

If it has been flashed, you can update the firmware and settings files by following Bibi Bear's excellent instructions earlier in this thread. I've done it twice now and had no problems whatsoever.

A site well worth a visit is http://www.axs-ict.nl/humax5400/Talen/English/index.htm

You'll need to go there anyway to download the files, but it contains loads of interesting information for Humax users, so have a look anyway.

Good luck

wolsty