Lawyer sends bill for 81-hour day

N

net1

A lawyer in Pennsylvania who submitted bills for an 81-hour day and three 25-hour days says he made "innocent mistakes."

Attorney Barry Van Rensler made £265,000 representing a local education authority in one year.

The figures were discovered when the Philadelphia Inquirer newspaper looked into his earnings.

He has since returned £12,000 to the Upper Darby School District. "I love the school district, and I would never intentionally overcharge them," Mr Van Rensler told the paper.

Mr Van Rensler, who charges £88 an hour, said the questionable billings were innocent mistakes involving misplaced decimals.

In one case, he said he billed the district for 75 hours of work instead of 0.75 of an hour, for a 45-minute conference on a property-tax appeal.

His bill was £6,600 instead of £66, according to the newspaper's review. Education officials said they hadn't noticed anything unusual about Mr Van Rensler's invoices before the newspaper's investigation and said they didn't believe the errors were intentional.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, must be the guy who did some work for me. ;)