Leads to tv etc?

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
This may be a bit dumb. The sat receiver always take control over the tv when its turned on. Sometimes I want the sat box on so I can watch elsewhere via the digisender, but whoever can watch normal tv too. Now Im not sure if this is down the setup of leads or just a function button for the tv. Its all connected via scart rather than aerial leads, if this matters?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have found that with certain makes of TV, the digibox will not relinquish control properly. Some TVs will switch across just by simply pressing a channel button, some will require the cycling of the AV button, sometimes pressing the TV button on the remote will be enough to enable control.

If you can't get it to work, then turn off the scart control voltage, it won't work with RGB, but you will be able to watch the terrestrial channels with the Digibox still switched on.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
How do I turn off the scart control voltage, through the TV or satbox?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into services menu on the digibox, system setup, picture settings and turn off the scart control, that should do it, you can always turn it back on to get RGB back.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah sorry Pete, I've made an assumption that this is a Sky Digibox, which of course you haven't said that it is, the scart control may be in a different menu on different boxes. If you can't find it, you can always cut the wire on pin 8 of the scart lead.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Pin 8 is on the longer side of the SCART lead, four pins from the flat end , if that makes sense (and only if you did not know - or if the leads you are using are not numbered )

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
thanks fellas I'll give that a whirl. The remote for the tv certainly doesn't overide the sat box (samsung9500)?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
I didn't try cutting the scarts, but I managed to get the tv working through the vcr, with the sammy still on. Lost all the manuals so it was suck it and see.