Lexmark

spinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
uk
hi guys

would it be possible to make a Lexmark X73 printer wireless we have 3 WI FI PCs running OK in are home, (netgear) but could we some how hook up the X73 printer to all the PCs or would it be to older model to do ? its USB connected at the moment. if not can anyone give us a good make to purchase for are WI Fi network

Spinner

Gandora

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Investigating Systems
My Location
Canada
Yes but it's quite complicated. I assume that because you are asking this question that you have just basic home networking skills and you aren't familiar with LAN's. If you want some articles on LAN and networks, you can look at sites such as this to get some good hands-on networking knowledge:
http://www.findingfacts.com/L3/L3_1_17_18.php
However keep in mind that you will have to spend a lot of time in the beginning because the network learning curve is steep.

If you want a quick fix, you can do what I did and purchase a router with a built-in print spooler. The one I used has since quit and I can't remember the make, but D-Link or Linksys probably have something equivalent. Routers are so inexpensive now it's probably your best option.