LG DVD player for under £19 at WHS

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Local WHSmith is selling the LG 3200E DVD player for a little over £18. It seems to be a clearout of stock and so all of the stores with any stock left will probably be selling at this price.

The model is a couple of years old but is a fairly good standalone DVD player. It playes mp3 cds and also DVD-R disks (not sure about all –R as it is not on the spec, but it plays mine with no problems), but not +RW.

If you want a bargain player or have any relatives who are stuck in the 80s it could be worth popping into a WHS to see if they have any.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds like a good deal Polomint, great for anyone wanting a second DVD for the kids etc. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
In the business of the service provider.....
Mobile phones, the basic equipment is usually free.
Satellite equipment, basic equipment for subscriber services is usually free.
Hardware for playing CDs and DVDs from rental outlets......

WHSmith have probably lost a lot of money on these and have realised that the market is not as a consumer product outlet, but a content provider. Check out the area of DVD disc shelving against the area promoting players.

Anyhow £20 at the moment sounds like a bargain, the price of four budget DVDs, six if theyre from eBay.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Sorry about that drag0nfly...

It could be they had none left from the regular price so they never even had any at the very reduced price, (as they have had this player for some time). Or if you only looked recently all the cheap ones could be sold out. The day I posted about it my WHS had two, one of which was bought by myself (but not for myself) and I doubt the other one was there long.