Advice Needed LG TV with FREESAT??

TONYHAMILTON238

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG TV with FREESAT tuner
My Location
N E LINCS
Just connected my LG TV to my Sky dish and scanned it for other channels using the screw connection so is there any tips how to use this like a Sky box and why does some channels show no CI module error message and is there any tips to make good use of this function

Last edited by a moderator:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
How many channels has it found that are not showing the CI message ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It sounds as if it's got a generic Satellite Tuner, so it isn't Freesat as such (As you will lack Logical Channel Numbering and the comprehensive EPG), but basic FTA.

So the simple answer is that you can't use it like a Sky box, nor indeed like a Freesat box.

The CI Module won't accept a Sky card, either.

Many modern TVs have Satellite Tuners and Card Slots for generic use throughout their market, of which UK is only a small part. It's cheaper to make non-regionalised kit these days, which is probably why people in the UK come across these extra features.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Indeed - & the best you are going to get out of it is now & next on the epg - both the Freesat & the Sky epg's are proprietary for their use only. Most channels carry now & next but thats it.

You will also find that as channels change pids & frequencies you will have to rescan to get them back - the tv wont manage it automatically unlike the FS & S boxes.