lidl dish

ammacher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised dish and a TM7755
My Location
kent
the dish mount is below centre, I put it on the motor and played about but it just seemed the lnb arm was twisting and I have convinced myself the mount should be in the centre of the dish....I have taken it all down and will start again. but do I need a new dish ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Tricky to answer... unless you've bent something, you can recover it.

Hard to tell exactly what you've done. Can you post some pics?

J

Jeff_19341

As the motor rotates the dish and lnb arm will swing left/right from upright to follow the arc of the satellites. I will get the camera our and post some pics later.
PS. Pics will come later, having to re-charge camera battery.
JMC

J

Jeff_19341

Hi ammacherThis is how a dish and motor look as it swings through the arc.

Pics 1 & 2 are at 1*west, pics 3 & 4 are at 53*east and pics 5 & 6 are at 58*west.

Hope this helps you with your setting up.

ammacher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised dish and a TM7755
My Location
kent
thanks jumbuck. I set it up today got astra 1 and eurobird can't get hotbird so i'm back on the roof tomorrow, any advice on this would be grateful...ammacher

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
A few wideband aerials too JuMbuCk.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
ammacher said:
thanks jumbuck. I set it up today got astra 1 and eurobird can't get hotbird so i'm back on the roof tomorrow, any advice on this would be grateful...ammacher

Unless you have something in the line-of-sight (tree, large building, steeple) Hotbird should be easy.

It's only a small rotation from Astra 19.2 East about an inch to the right.

The satisfaction when you get it will be reward enough....

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
I am wondering at what angle does the satellite signal hit the dish?
at these extreme settings the dish appears to be facing the ground?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
On a standard offset dish, the dish face will be pretty much vertical when looking at a satellite with 25 degrees elevation, the offset is probably pretty close to that (23-25 degrees), so the dish will appear to be facing downwards for anything further out.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
mick2me said:
at these extreme settings the dish appears to be facing the ground?

Do you have any pictures?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Here's one of my cousin Leoni. ;)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
rolfw said:
Here's one of my cousin Leoni. ;)

Thanks - very nice...

Not the dish I was after - sorry...

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
On a standard offset dish, the dish face will be pretty much vertical when looking at a satellite with 25 degrees elevation, the offset is probably pretty close to that (23-25 degrees), so the dish will appear to be facing downwards for anything further out.

Thank You Rolf

Nope not able to upload pictures at the moment, of any kind of Dish?

But JumBucks greenhouse shot looks the part to me

J

Jeff_19341

That German supermarket chain should be sponsoring all the satellite forums judging by the number of queries that keep cropping up about their sat gear.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
JuMbuCk said:
That German supermarket chain should be sponsoring all the satellite forums

I agree - they have done a lot for this hobby by bringing cheap equipment onto the market.

Have to say I bought a Lidl FTA digital receiver in 2004 (still had the analogue 19.2 and 13 East twin LNBs up on a 90 cm Lenson Heath dish).

They started me off on digital and look where I am now - hooked!

Only with the fantastic help of all here!

I have stayed around (hopefully helping others) what a great site - tried the rest - stayed with the best - IMHO.

Just love Lidl they offer such great bargains - I have no (honest) connection with the company other than a customer.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
gameboy said:
I agree - they have done a lot for this hobby by bringing cheap equipment onto the market.

Hobby... HOBBY!

There wasn't a warning on the box about it being a HOBBY! :-comp

J

Jeff_19341

Of course it's a hobby, that is why we DIY and hope to help other enthusiasts on the boards. If you do not want it to be a hobby you pay a dish monkey to set up your system for youO-Ha . You can then sit back and channel hop the hundreds and hundreds of channels available for you to watch.

J

Jeff_19341

Hi jumbo

ref "

A few wideband aerials too JuMbuCk.

Yes m8, being the younster in this close and being the first with anything to do with communications I tend to get asked to set up aerials etc for others to receive DTT. Sudbury transmitter is low powered, so as not to interfere with the continent, hence Triax Unix 100 W/B antennas on a number of the bungalow chimneys. Nobody, so far, has asked for a satellite system to be set up. Mind you I've tweaked a number of $ly set ups for some of the neighbours.