Lidl Porty II

F

fraternige

My Satellite Setup
Comag Porty II from Lidl
My Location
South Wales
I am new to the satallite world having just bought the Porty II at Lidl.
After initial setting up problems I have now sussed how to get a signal and have been able to find 3 satallites, Astra 1, Hotbird and Astra 2. I am interested in the BBC channels on Astra 2 but even though there is a strong quality signal (70%) a picture does not appear, the German and French channels appear without any problems, can anyone help please? The signal does seem to fade in and out a bit, I assume thats due to the weather. I am finding the whole thing very frustrating. The manual supplied by Comag is only usefull as emergency loo paper or to even up the legs of a wonkey table, I was only able to get anywhere because of this site! If you could help more I will be eternaly grateful.:)

I have tried all I can think of but still no luck, when I select BBC channels the screen goes blank even though there is a strong quality signal from the satallite:-lan2

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you established that the transponders are listed for the BBC channels?

F

fraternige

My Satellite Setup
Comag Porty II from Lidl
My Location
South Wales
I'm really sorry I do not know what that means!

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Do the BBC channels appear in the list of channels the box has programmed for Astra at 28.2 East?

F

fraternige

My Satellite Setup
Comag Porty II from Lidl
My Location
South Wales
Yes they do.I hope that's a good thing.:)

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Select one of the BBC channels and then try adjusting the dish - make sure that the other channels you can see are on Astra at 28.2 East - just incase you have picked up another position (there's a few close)

F

fraternige

My Satellite Setup
Comag Porty II from Lidl
My Location
South Wales
I've tried that but if I move the dish I loose the signal. The other channels are on Astra 28.2 East.

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Sorry, will have to pick this up in the morning.

What part of the UK do you live in?

I

iceburn

If I remember correctly last year when it was out the BBC settings on the box was incorrect, so you need to put the correct settings in the box.

F

fraternige

My Satellite Setup
Comag Porty II from Lidl
My Location
South Wales
Thank you all very much I will look again later in the hope of resolving this problem. South Wales Lat 51.481 Lon -3.174 EL 4m