Life On Mars - I hated it

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Thank the heavens this programme has at last come to an end and people will stop talking about it.

When I first heard about it, that it was about a 21st century cop going back to 1973, I groaned.

Give me a break. Not more weak jokes about 1970s' music, space hoppers, kipper ties, flared pants and platform shoes.

What a tired excuse to beef up what is essentially another cop show. I gave it its dues and watched it and still didn't like it.

Simply awful. Boring. And in places very amatuerish. Well, least I got that off my chest. If you like it, fine, but if I had the DVD I'd give it away. Not my type of programme. And as far as calling it a classic. Ha. No way.O-no

Thank you for this opportunity to vent my spleen. :) :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Another programme I have not seen. :) Simply didn't appeal, but I know loads of people who loved it.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Saturlight said:
.Give me a break. Not more weak jokes about 1970s' music, space hoppers, kipper ties, flared pants and platform shoes.

You had to be there to appreciate those :-rofl2

Llew

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Thought it was`nt that bad until the last episode. Can anyone tell me how many times Jean said Bas*ard, I keep calling everyone it.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I wish I'd watched it now, I don't like to drop in mid-series on things, feels wrong somehow. By all accounts, it's one of the best things the BBC have ever done, though I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
So much rubbish on TV these days, if they put anything on with a script, it's deemed a classic. The problem is we're so used to dancing on ice, X Factors, Fame Academies, Big Brothers... :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I liked seeing all the old cars that they had on the series, like the Austin Maxi (I think) police cars, I didn't think they could even catch a cold!!! :-rofl2

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I watched it and I did not think it was that bad. First of all I like to look back on the 70ies, (my car is a non metallic green 76 model). The idea itself of someone going back in time is not new of course, but this time it has a new twist. But I have to admit I was a bit irritated by the speaking TV's and voices that kept popping up a little bit too much. All in all t was ok for me but not more.