Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
hi guys

informative thread thanks

i had my 800 delivered a week ago and managed to install the ooZooN image in flash and with barry allen i setup the gemini2 3.60 and the newmigma2 on a 1gb pen drive

from the network setup i switched off the DHCP as on one occasion i could not switch on the box because it automatically changed my ip address - here i was about to format and re-install everything when i noticed that my ip had changed from the original one

for now everything seems to be working fine but my little box is quite hot (compared to the 600) - i need to add that temperature here is about 100 degrees F so its not helping

dont have any HD channels on my sharing yet but the LUX HD tv channel on 26e is showing a 1280x1080 picture which is stunning

souljuice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just setting up
My Location
uk
I am looking at getting a dreambox but dont know if the dm7025 or the dm800 is best for me? I believe you can have two tuners in the dm7025, 1 for for satellite and one for other services (which shall not be mentioned), can you do this with the dm800? Once I have got the box how easy it it to get going? I am after setting it up to go on a cardsharing server. I am a novice to this so is it easy? Any advice would be helpfull

thanks

souljuice

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Ok, firstly, the DM800 is a single tuner model.
Second, if you fit 1 sat tuner, and 1 other service tuner to a DM7025 you'll need to run CCcam for the card server and that will not decrypt the other service.

Now here's the thing, if you're having to switch soft cams all the time then you're gonna get kicked off the card servers you have for being off line all the time so my suggestion is to scrap the c a b le tuner idea and go either for a twin sat 7025 or a single sat DM800 with HD. It really depends if you want HD or not.
Bare in mind there is no HD on cable, and its not likely to get any whilst it remains hacked !

Setting up the boxes in general is not that difficult. Be prepared to spend at least a week reading guides and stuff , its definately worth it.
Hope this helps to start with.
I would suggest you don't hijack this thread with basic questions about setup. Perhaps make a new post.

Regards
MCC

souljuice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just setting up
My Location
uk
Thanks B16MCC,

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I was advised on another forum that the dm 800 was the box to go for so with you all discussing it I was wondering how it compared. Your advise has swung me to the dm 800, so as soon as I can get A motorised dish up I am going to order one. In the mean time I will try and find some guides and tutorials to read up on.

Once again thanks

souljuice

harshy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800, Astra 19.2, 28.2E and Hotbird 13E
My Location
West Yorkshire, UK
andyman502 said:
Ive got it working now. CCcam does not work with local Sly cards at the moment. I had to use newcs and get CCacm 2.09 to connect to that. It works this way.

Im using the e2board image but dont really like it. I might try and get it working with gemini.

Andy

Can you tell me how you got newcd to connect to CCam 2.09.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
harshy, it doesn't 'Connect' as such , the 2 emu's run side by side. What this means is, you must add your peers to NewCS to access your card, and give them an N Line. They will return with a Cline that you can add to your CCcam.cfg

If you just add users to your CCcam.cfg in the normal way , they will get your local card but at 1 extra hop. Times will not be greatly increased but it will not show as your local on other peoples stats. They won't like that !

If its not out the question, put the card in another dreambox and run the server from there. I'm just in the middle of setting up an old pc with ClarkConnect red hat linux. This is gonna be my CCcam server using an infinity usb card reader.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
B16MCC said:
I'm just in the middle of setting up an old pc with ClarkConnect red hat linux. This is gonna be my CCcam server using an infinity usb card reader.
Hi B16MCC,
I've seen it mentioned a few times where people were setting up Linux PCs to handle CS,
Whats the advantage of using a PC rather than letting the DB handle CS? Is it just down to performance?

The difference between the two in power consumption would be one reason I would prefer to just let the DB handle the work of CS.

C :)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi mate. It's basically down to processing power. Let's put some figures on it.

Running CCcam in a DM you could have say 30 shares just using hop1.
If you were to take the hop2's from all those hop1's possible putting you total card count into the 1000's you'll start to experience problems. First thing you'll see is your ECM success rate plumit. This will result in you and clients getting a blocky picture. Worst case is CCcam hangs your lan entirely. I have experienced that first hand.

So, running PC linux your using a modern PC as appose to a DM with the processing power of a 10 year old PC.

Servers running 300+ hop1's are fine. Once you have this many hop1's then hop2's have no relevance anyway. So basically yes its exactly as you say, processing power.

keydember

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 on HDTV
My Location
belgium
rolfw said:
I always use Flashwizard, never had problems with it.

wrong..

flashwizard not working for DM800. only for older DM versions.

regards

keydember

keydember

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 on HDTV
My Location
belgium
rato said:
Working here great with Nabilo Black Hole & CCcam 2.09:). It has been stable for 2 days. My Gemini Image was crashing after 24hrs uptime:confused

i try nabilo black hole and its not stable. many reboots happend by itself..

same as Gemini2 version 3.5 and 3.7
Version 3.6 is better and more stable then nabilo or Gemini2 v 3.7

regards

keydember

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I'm currently running GP2 3.6 on my DM800 with CCcam 2.09 , my best uptime so far is 8 days. The reason for reboot was the two Gears icon , in the top left corner on all the time, although everything was still ok.
One thing to remember is do not go above around 25 peers with CCcam, this will always cause problems. Cut down your config, perhaps use only hop1's and allow only 1 reshare. Just a couple of tips to help it run smoother.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Keeping this on the original topic, It's worth mentioning I now have a Sly UK card working on my DM800 in CCcam. I'm using the Smargo SmartReader+ . Its plugged into the USB port on the back of the DM800 and all is working great. Anyone wants info on how to do this then please let me know.

blueuk808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, 90cm dish
My Location
Manchester
Just got my DM800 and flash the LT image to it via dreamup and null modem cable. ONcew booted go to tuner configuration and detects the tuner as an ALPS tuner, but says nothing connected

Have I missed something real easy (btw - the satellite cable is connected and I've tested that it's working on a DM500 - motor setup)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Yes you have. You have to change that parameter. Its not telling you there's nothing connected. You have to tell it what you have connected. Select the options using the left and right buttons on the remote.

blueuk808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, 90cm dish
My Location
Manchester
Well that certainly would explain things - I did try to press left and right and nothing came up. I'll try again - got nabilosat going on there now - if that works thenI'll go back to LT5

One other thing - tried telnetting into the box and first time got a message like "press <return> and then type password" and so reconnected and then got the dream log on and user request - but that disconnected while trying to change password. after that all I got was a # prompt.

P_Lus used flashfxp to ftp in to the box and got a message that there was nothing to list????

Any thoughts on any of that little lot?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Can I suggest you try GP2 v3.7 image. It works great on the DM800, very stable , so far and with great functionality. The GlassLine mod skin looks awesome. No such problems with FTP, Telnet etc.

blueuk808

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500, 90cm dish
My Location
Manchester
Thanks very much! I'll get downloading. Only reason I went for the LT5 was to try and get the Sky epg. Still I'll give it a go and try and get it working

cmatos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mvision 9080 NET
Dreambox 7020S
My Location
Portugal
B16MCC said:
Keeping this on the original topic, It's worth mentioning I now have a Sly UK card working on my DM800 in CCcam. I'm using the Smargo SmartReader+ . Its plugged into the USB port on the back of the DM800 and all is working great. Anyone wants info on how to do this then please let me know.

Hi,

I would like to know how you did it. Can you explain?

amr999

Reaction score
B16MCC said:

Need to know the settings for CCcam and smargo smartreader?
The phoenix card reader is not working, as the RS 232 is not functioning (No driver available yet)
I've 2 cards and need to add a card reader.

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
B16MCC said:
Can I suggest you try GP2 v3.7 image. It works great on the DM800, very stable , so far and with great functionality. The GlassLine mod skin looks awesome. No such problems with FTP, Telnet etc.

@b16mcc

do you know if all nds cards work on the smartgo reader?
the italian have 2 different chips (0919 & 093b)
i have d 919 and working perfectly

there's also the gemini 3.8 now!

thanks mate for your work