Lifetime Ultra

Ping33

Reaction score
Hello all ! For starters i want to thank the site for letting me join and i hope that i can help some how.No, my problem.I was flashing my reciever with the latest the AL7bar file.ONce i did that all i get is green dashes going back and forth and the reciever turns on and off.I have read many many site trying to trouble shoot.If someone out could be so kind and guide me in the right way.Again i just join the site and thank you very much for joining.Ping33

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Ping33 said:
Hello all ! For starters i want to thank the site for letting me join and i hope that i can help some how.No, my problem.I was flashing my reciever with the latest the AL7bar file.ONce i did that all i get is green dashes going back and forth and the reciever turns on and off.I have read many many site trying to trouble shoot.If someone out could be so kind and guide me in the right way.Again i just join the site and thank you very much for joining.Ping33
Hi Ping, welcome to the forum.
Make sure you have the correct Al7bar file for your particular model.
Strange things happen without the correct patch!

Llew

Ping33

Reaction score
I feel pretty good that i have the correct files.there might be something wrong with the boot file because all i get is a error message stating that file type dismatched.lol i have been working on this thing for couple of weeks and my eyes are bleeding lol.i did some searches at this site and really didn't find anything helpful yet but i'll still looking.thx for replying i need all the help i can get thx again.Ping33

P.S is the a way to reboot the reciever and start over?if so would you mind pointing me in the right direction!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Ping33 said:
I feel pretty good that i have the correct files.there might be something wrong with the boot file because all i get is a error message stating that file type dismatched.lol i have been working on this thing for couple of weeks and my eyes are bleeding lol.i did some searches at this site and really didn't find anything helpful yet but i'll still looking.thx for replying i need all the help i can get thx again.Ping33

P.S is the a way to reboot the reciever and start over?if so would you mind pointing me in the right direction!
What is the state of your receiver? Can you do a factory reset?

Llew

Ping33

Reaction score
i can't get it to factory reset because the reciever turns on and off .i was hoping there was a hard boot to do .what it does is it will show dashs and then a few seconds later it shows ON the will go off and starts all over doing the same thing.

Ping33

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ping33 said:
i can't get it to factory reset because the reciever turns on and off .i was hoping there was a hard boot to do .what it does is it will show dashs and then a few seconds later it shows ON the will go off and starts all over doing the same thing.

Ping33
File type dismatched usually means you're attempting to upload a boot file not matched to your receiver's. You need to know what boot version is compatible with your receiver.
However, if your receiver isn't responding anyhow, it's difficult to know how you can upload anything.
Don't know of any way you can get it to boot other than with the uploader.
Perhaps one of the several Fortec sites may have some info.

Llew

mejdi.drd

Reaction score
hi
i need to open tps i have fortecstar3000 life time ultra
i need a file.bin to my reciever(via RS232) I HAVE ALL .ONLY i haven't a file to open tps.
thank u

mejdi.drd

Reaction score
hi
i need to open tps france(hotbird) i have fortecstar3000 life time ultra
i need a file.bin(al7bar file) to my reciever(via RS232) I HAVE ALL .ONLY i haven't a file to open tps.
thank u