Limitations (Newbie)

paddy22

Reaction score
Hya all this is the first post and I'm green as grass, so please be gentle.
I'm playing about with the idea of getting a Skystar 2 TV PVR PC card + 60cm dish, I'm presently not working and this appears to be the least expensive alternative to Sky.
my main aim is to have a source of football for next season, during researching the topic I've seen that Romanian TV show a lot of premiership matches and quite a few more. would I be able to access these with this kit or would it be a waste of time and if so is the only alternative the humax, Xtreme recievers ect.

I appreciate any replys

Thanks

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Hi Paddy22,
It depends on your location as to what size dish you will need for tv sport ro,(quite a few threads on this subject can be found on this forum.)
and for sky star2 a reasonably fast pc.( A few of the members have got ss2 cards, and again you can find info on what programmes to use/ how to guides on this forum.)
good luck.
prof

paddy22

Reaction score
Location is North East England (Newcastle) there's presently an offer on the card and a 60cm dish (£70),so I've emailed the firm to see what options he can give in regards a bigger dish.

and thanx for the reply

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Im in the north west and I can currently receive TV Sport RO on sirius (5e) no problem on an 80cm dish but I think you could have problems using a 60cm dish i.e. picture freezing, loss of signal etc..

I would advise on the 80cm dish

paddy22

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, this option appears to be the most cost effective for the beginner, and if I decide to go in this direction I'll use the 80cm dish.

once again thanks for the advice

paddy22

Reaction score
thanks for all the support and advice I've decided to go with the ss2, bought it from a german site for £52 inc shipping, got a motorised dish bundle from my local sat shop for 129 quid, the guy in the shop walked me thru the installation, very helpful + plus he had no 80cm dishes so thru in a 100cm instead, big sods arnt they. are these prices ok or have I been ripped off?

I hope to have the system up if not running by Wednesday if the ss2 arrives by then.
thanks again and I'll be back