Lip Synch in Taquilla

M

Maverick_pt

Hi,

Is it just me or most of the movies running in the Taquillas have a lip synch problem with the original sound track?
I notice this using both a Humax 5700 and a Nokia 9800 with Aston 1.03 CAM.
Anybody else noticing this? Its really annoying with some movies.

Regards,

EMM

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thought it was just with the Satellite cards, but yes i have the same problem but have got used to it a bit now. :)

Rolf

kid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Yepp, watched Snatch in english and had a hard time understanding what they said!!!=) On top of the wierd accent (sorry all you who speak with that accent, it's my poor english!!!!) their lips were moving all out of sync!!! (Worst of all, first I thought that the movie was supposed to be like that) :)

/kid

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strangely enough it seems to improve during the course of the film, or is that something to do with the amount of lager and wine I drink?

Who knows, but I could probably sell the solution to PentaMedia, much cheaper than writing new software or redesigning the hardware. :)

rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If it was simply the card or the broadcaster being lazy then there would be a few complaints made back home

The loss of lip sync will be on a revolving system where the delay will get longer and longer until the receiver synchroises the two together after a time.

The main difficulties are down to the receiver design, normally at the chip hardware stage, a lot of units using Thomson chipsets will have trouble both with streaming and passing the second or sub audio
channels to coincide with the video

Manufacturers if notified about the problem enmass can release updated firmware which patches the original faults in the chipset shortening the correction factor to only a few milliseconds which will make your viewing acceptable again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
So it's not the lager then Ch... LOL

Rolf