Live cricket feed on DD

D

deleted

Atlast the Indian Cabinet had passed ordinance for Private Broadcasters to share Live feed with DD for sports of national importance..

so hope that we will get live Ind SL ODI series..

source: news channels......

kreacher

Waiting for HD
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky - Humax STB
My Location
India
I wonder how they will reconcile this with the Crores of Rupees the broadcasters paid to BCCI for the telecast rights. Broadcasters will use this as an excuse to show even more advertisements and we'll see even less Cricket.

D

deleted

kreacher said:
I wonder how they will reconcile this with the Crores of Rupees the broadcasters paid to BCCI for the telecast rights. Broadcasters will use this as an excuse to show even more advertisements and we'll see even less Cricket.

No.........The feed is without Advertisement...... so DD will only provide the Ads........

D

deleted

here is the full news about it.........

Thursday, February 1, 2007 (New Delhi):

Under a new ordinance it is mandatory for Indian private broadcasters to share live television pictures of sports events of national importance with state-run television and radio.

But the simultaneous broadcast on Doordarshan will not carry advertisements.

The Indian Cabinet cleared the ordinance on Thursday after Neo Sports refused to share live pictures of two One-Day International cricket between India and the West Indies recently.

Amid a public outcry and legal action the third match in the series was telecast on Doordarshan seven minutes after Neo Sports aired live images.

Neo Sports controls television broadcast rights of all cricket in India till March 2010.